Why deJong needs to be benched!

blueplan

To some of you it might be unthinkable. Hear me out!
We may have reduce the goals score on us but our goal for has decreased. A salient reason is at beginning of the season when we counterattacked we scored at breathtaking pace. Why?

'We don`t break with the same speed and flair' thats why

Thats why we need to address the 'retardation' of our counterattack. We need to deploy players not only with pace but also with power, SPEED and pace to 'breakaway'. Also players who can FINISH!

1. Thats why we need Richards (3 goals), over Zabaleta ( 0 goals), and SWP to work in tandem.
2. We should consider Kolo (2 goals, can score, pass, tackle and defend) who can be an useful creative and holding DM as compared to deJong (0 goals, lack creativity and can't score even if given time and space).
3, Sorry to say deJong's only forte is as a defensive midfielder. He should be brought on as a sub when we are leading or need to sub Barry!
4. IMO Kolo and Barry might be a better pairing than Barry & deJong (a too defensive pair and defeat the purpose of having one holding MF only) or Vieira (if he is fit and available) and Barry.

Thats why I propose deJong on the bench (incidentally he was still injured at the beginining of the season)and our team will be a balanced team with more attacking bite without sacrificing our defense.

Yes does Mancini have the cojones to go for a win every match which he promised!

http://mancityblueplan.blogspot.com/

I 100% agree with all of this. But i said in my other thread, People will ask for your head because your suggesting de jong should be on bench ;)

I've been saying this for a while, De Jong is excellent at what he does but he just doesn't have the good enough players around him to just do that, we need more. Put him in Arsenal's midfield and he'd be excellent and what he does would be acceptable as other players would cover up his limitations. Him and Barry certainly can't play in the same team as they show off each other's limitations massively. De Jong should be a absolute certainty to start on Sat vrs Chelsea away but vrs Bolton at home I'm not so sure.

no way de jong should be dropped im sorry

you have to have atleast one defensive midfielder whether you play home or away and hes the best one in our squad by a country mile.

hard nut tackler that often finds a pass and is improving every game. not scared of anybody and times his sliding tackled to pure perfection. if we drop de jong the team will look lost

The main point of the OS must be the speed with which we knock the ball about. Everybody wants time. The missed effort by Gatito v. Wolves was the kind of football we used to play, and the whole thing looks these days as though the battery has run down and needs changing. It's like getting in yer car in the depth of winter and yer need to turn the starter over two or three times before yer get the spark. What's causing it is the whole debate. We have a predominantly Italian (does Kidd get a look in, or is he the proverbial 'yes' man?) coaching staff whose nationality is not renowned for lightning strikes.

blueplan said:
To some of you it might be unthinkable. Hear me out!
We may have reduce the goals score on us but our goal for has decreased. A salient reason is at beginning of the season when we counterattacked we scored at breathtaking pace. Why?

'We don`t break with the same speed and flair' thats why

Thats why we need to address the 'retardation' of our counterattack. We need to deploy players not only with pace but also with power, SPEED and pace to 'breakaway'. Also players who can FINISH!

1. Thats why we need Richards (3 goals), over Zabaleta ( 0 goals), and SWP to work in tandem.
2. We should consider Kolo (2 goals, can score, pass, tackle and defend) who can be an useful creative and holding DM as compared to deJong (0 goals, lack creativity and can't score even if given time and space).
3, Sorry to say deJong's only forte is as a defensive midfielder. He should be brought on as a sub when we are leading or need to sub Barry!
4. IMO Kolo and Barry might be a better pairing than Barry & deJong (a too defensive pair and defeat the purpose of having one holding MF only) or Vieira (if he is fit and available) and Barry.

Thats why I propose deJong on the bench (incidentally he was still injured at the beginining of the season)and our team will be a balanced team with more attacking bite without sacrificing our defense.

Yes does Mancini have the cojones to go for a win every match which he promised!

http://mancityblueplan.blogspot.com/
Toure is dire defensively but gets forward more from centre half than De Jong in midfield. Toure as a sweeper vs De Jong as a DM, what's the difference? DM= Modern day label for a sweeper, for which De Jong is too short and doesn't offer enough going forward.

GERRARD ?

Sorry but though he has been a world class player for a decade he has GONE.

If City are to improve to another level it will not be with over the top players.

AC MIlan proved this. The Stuttgart Barca Match last night was so much superior to the moderate stuff we are producing.

I just hate it when anyone links us with over the hill players.

Vierra Has made me cringe, YOu can go back as far as MCmahon, WE always seem to do it. SO much young hungry talent out there, lets go get it.

DeJong ahead of Barry on current form. And did you really say that Toure can pass????? His distribution and overall play has been awful this season. However, I am not writing him off as he has not turned into a bad player overnight. I remember a certain Gary Pallister having a nightmare first season and then formed one of the best defensive partnerships for many years with Bruce. Fingers crossed then that Kolo and either Joleon or Vincent can do the same in time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.