Why deJong needs to be benched!

de jong benched are you for real ??? , he is class if anyone is to be dropped it is barry. barry is a crab all he does is slows the play down and passes sideways. i do not see this world class player barry who so many over rate. quite possibly the 2nd most overated player in england behind walcott! de jong shows real heart and passion.
dropping him is unthinkable.

I agree actually but for other reasons. Hear me out.

Against stoke our midfield will most likely be surpassed by their long ball game anyway so De Jong will be rather inefficient because the ball will be in the air a lot and let's face it he is not very tall.

I would like to see how Kolo would do as a DMF because he would also give us height and he is more creative and a better passer of the ball whilst at the same time tackling is one of his strength too.

I have to disagree totally. De Jong is one of the best defensive midfielders in the premiership, he's not there to create and counterattack, he is there to sit and break things up, which he does brilliantly! I agree that we dont need 2 DM's especially at home, which is why I think Barry should be pushed a little further forward to help Ireland or whoever plays. De Jong can do the work of 2 men anyway so there is no need for Vieira either, who seems to get a lot of support on here for some reason, personally i've seen milk turn quicker than Vieira!

And as for playing Toure in midfield, thats just a no go! He's our 6th best defender, why would he be any good in midfield??

CTID

I would drop Barry for De Jong for me Barry has been the most disappointing of all the signings we'll need De Jong in there tonight and on Saturday more than Barry.

In fact i'd go as far to say how the hell can Barry go to the World Cup after his performances this season!!

He just needs to learn to press upfield instead of standing off. Like against Liverpool, they had Mascherano and Lucas I think, who won't go at a team, we ended up having 6 players marking 2 players.

Well Richards at right back and SWP used more freely are 2 easy ones. As for dropping Dejong hes one of our best players. We struggle to keep clean sheets as it is dropping him would be suicuide IMO.

Also you would really struggle to find anyone that goes to games that would prefer Toure over Kompany / Lescott / Richards or even Nedum at centre half. Hes been very poor this season, hes too small, doesnt dominate the box doesnt communicate and is a lousy Captain.

Dropping him last week was a big step forward for the team and defensive wise. Our defence looked rock solid no doubt Kompany and Lescott are out best partnership.

avoidconfusion said:
I agree actually but for other reasons. Hear me out.

Against stoke our midfield will most likely be surpassed by their long ball game anyway so De Jong will be rather inefficient because the ball will be in the air a lot and let's face it he is not very tall.

I would like to see how Kolo would do as a DMF because he would also give us height and he is more creative and a better passer of the ball whilst at the same time tackling is one of his strength too.

Couldnt agree more. De Jong will be much more usefull against Chelsea than stoke so its also a good chance to give him a rest.

fuckin clueless................so you want to play Toure (a defender) in the middle of the park rather than De jong (a midfielder) because he is too defensive. you lost the plot. im osrry but De Jong is one of if not the best midfielder we've had this season.

I'm a massive De Jong fan but I wouldn't start him tonight.

With the ball being in the air from most of their attacks, it renders Nige ineffective. I'd rather he was rested for the weekend against a team that actually plays football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.