Why did QPR kick the ball back to us after Dzeko scored?

TheMightyQuinn said:
The OS has put up about 8billion videos of THAT DAY. The answers to all the questions can be seen in many of the videos.

QPR didn't know they were safe until the throw in moments before Sergio's goal. This can be seen as the throw is taken and the QPR bench go mental. This can also be seen on several fan vids of the 3rd goal as well as the vid from the QPR end.

Hughes did congratulate Mancini on the touchline and he also stopped in the tunnel to congratulate a few players too.

I want 9billion!! :P

mancityscot said:
another thing i noticed. when its 2-2 and the ball comes of zabaletas for the throw in. bothroyd is in acres of space, and you would think nedum would just throw him the ball, but instead hetells and beckons bothroyd to get left to where lescott is. he throws it there and lescott gains possession for us from the header. strange that he did that but hey it worked for us. cheers nedum

watch it aagin and you'll see

Ned is a true blue and at that point he knew they were safe :)

Did anyone watch the ManU/Sunderland match properly? I didn't really pay much attention to the highlights but got the impression Sunderland put up no fight at all. WOuld that be fair?

isab23502 said:
Did anyone watch the ManU/Sunderland match properly? I didn't really pay much attention to the highlights but got the impression Sunderland put up no fight at all. WOuld that be fair?

I can't say that I watched it properly but from everything that I have read or seen it appears that Sunderland treated it as an end of season nothing to play for game
which from their point of view it was.

All QPR needed was for Bolton to not pick up 3 points so they didn't care and just hoofed it like some Conference team does.

bluenova said:
They didn't simply gives us the ball and let us run through and score.

They were spent, but still trying to follow their plan of total defence (one of thoe most extreme examples most of us will ever have seen), so hit the ball as far as they could to give the team time to regroup into the two lines by their penalty area. They got told off for time wasting before the kick off.

It worked too, as they repelled out first attack, which resulted in their throw in in our half. They took their time with the throw in, and then put a couple of players ahead of the ball hoping to waste a few more seconds - this didn't work, as we were able to attack quickly and break through their first line of defence.

Watch the Aguero goal and tell me they weren't trying. Four players (inc Kenny) on the floor in the area, diving to stop our attack. A fifth falls to his knees and starts thumping the turf. Compare and contrast with Ronney's goal at Sunderland and decide who had the hardest task on the final day.

Spot on mate. QPR players were gutted after THE goal. Hoofing it and defending deep had worked very well for 90 mins. Mark (no plan B) Hughes as usual didn't change tactics despite things getting desperate at the end. And to be fair he nearly got away with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.