Why did we buy De Jong?

Which one of our players can we pick on next then?

De Jong played well, as did Kompany, Robinho was world class on the ball. I nominate Bridge!! BOOOOOOO!

De Jong was absolute quality today. His tackiling was timed to perfection, aggressive and strong. He won the ball countless times, and then made great and effective passes out to Ireland and Robbie.
if you really want to know why we bought De Jong, watch match of the day tonight.

i've always liked to think that in supporting city, i've been surrounded by knowledgable football fans.

unfortunately large numbers of daft threads like this and conversations i've overheard at COMS are making me think that even if the above was the case, it certainly isn't now.

Like others, I've doubted the point of De Jong's inclusion along with Kompany and Zabaleta as they were quite similar. But, in today's second half De Jong made the stride out and stepped to the challenge of Liverpool's midfield and won it, big time!

In fact, his dominance allowed Kompany to push on and it's arguable if, in the latter stages, we could have took Kompany off and put Caceido on, in place to drive forward more effectively.

But, that's by-the-by and a point is satisfactory and an excellent De Jong showing.

Smoothy B. said:
De Jong was absolute quality today. His tackiling was timed to perfection, aggressive and strong. He won the ball countless times, and then made great and effective passes out to Ireland and Robbie.
if you really want to know why we bought De Jong, watch match of the day tonight.
well said

paulsimpson said:
Smoothy B. said:
well said

Hear, Hear!

His performance today was OUTSTANDING! The little things, like ducking back in behind the left full back when the ball is pushed in behind him is EXACTLY the kind of UNSUNG quality that educated fans see every game. Today, he was MASSIVE, with VK playing a role further up the pitch to snuff out Mascherano.

CTID!

ChicagoBlue said:
paulsimpson said:
Smoothy B. said:
well said

Hear, Hear!

His performance today was OUTSTANDING! The little things, like ducking back in behind the left full back when the ball is pushed in behind him is EXACTLY the kind of UNSUNG quality that educated fans see every game. Today, he was MASSIVE, with VK playing a role further up the pitch to snuff out Mascherano.

CTID!

Spot on!

the guy has hardly put a foot wrong!! Who else would you have bought in the jan transfer window or would you have made do with fernandes in centre mid

Smoothy B. said:

He'd done little prior to today , but then he's just 'settling in' ........ today , i have to say , he was absolutely immense ....... as were a number of other city players ......... it makes all the difference when they come out fully focused on the job in hand !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.