Why did we buy De Jong?

i was looking for this thread

TODAY WAS EXACTLY THE FCKIN REASON WE BOUGHT NIGEL!!!

absolutely immense game from him today

by his standards, today was a good game

i thought he was amazing.

but i have seen him play even better for hamburg. ,i expect great things from him

one tackle in the second half was a beaut.........summed him up, cant wait till we start gelling as a team more. the second half was a much more 'together' performance

Great player, people need to understand that players coming from a different league in a different country need time to settle in, it must be a huge upheaval

look how long it took mascherano to settle in mate?
hate to say it but vidic and evra took time to get bedded in too.
you're obviously quite an impatient person if you expect instant results with every player - some things take time.

besides that, I don't think he's done too badly at all - his role is a lot harder to spot ala makelele

Was trying to explain to one of my mates in the boozer tonight that De Jong's role in the team will go pretty much unnoticed if he's doing it well. The sort of role you'll notice more when he's not there than when he is. If that makes sense!!

haha - I think the response you've got on this thread proves, in essence, that you were wrong.
Evidently most people disagree with you that De Jong wasnt worth it. You just got told, and should be feeling like a silly sausage right now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.