Why didn't you go to the Leipzig game?

Then, they’d listen to TokyoBlue or BeijingBlue more than me!

While I admire the club for having grown the global footprint of the club, they have to realize that 90% of game day fans are locals…as in day travelers…not tourists.

In fact, when I was last at the City Store at the ground with my son, a tour bus rolled up, parked right outside and a bunch of Asian tourists got off. Half of them still had their United scarves on from their last stop at the United Store!!!

They don’t realise that. They don’t want Bill and Ben the local Ancoats pals who go for a pre match pint in their local, get the bus to the ground, watch the game and then return to the local in a routine they’ve had for 30 years.

They want Bill and Ben from Chicago who are on the trip of a lifetime who will do a tour, buy £200 in merchandise and £20-£30 in food/drink.

And they are doing everything they can do ensure that happens.

They look at the spreadsheets and see what Liverpool take on a match day and think we need to get to that level. Wankers the lot of them.

The club won’t listen to fans unless they are from outside of Manchester and the UK as that is who they cater for now.
Untrue, they know I live, and have lived over 150 miles away for many many years, and do most home games in the league, and 2 cup competitions, but they still couldn't give a shit. They get my money, as they did last Friday, yet they can't be arsed to tell my how to get my ticket until Tuesday night, less than 24 hours before kick off.

By then I had decided I couldn't be arsed with an 8 hour round trip of driving (I'm on holiday atm), to watch a game I expected us to win against pretty inferior opposition.

Only so much money to go around.
Only so much time to invest due to other responsibility’s.
Less chance of getting Covid watching on tv.
Can drink and eat anything I want watching tv
Can swear at tv without anyone getting offended
No sitting in traffic for hours
No getting wet
No security checks
No mobile ticketing at home
Can be in bed for ten rather than midnight and no anxiety over public transport.
Won’t get ticket for champions league final however many games I go to.
Can see more on telly
Can watch with family without exorbitant costs if all were to attend.all blues but each with varying levels of buy in.
Organising everything is becoming more and more hassle and a chore rather than something to look forward too. The club have not helped with some of their recent decisions.
I’m getting older so being taken as a mug is less palatable as when I was more fanatical I suppose.

They don’t realise that. They don’t want Bill and Ben the local Ancoats pals who go for a pre match pint in their local, get the bus to the ground, watch the game and then return to the local in a routine they’ve had for 30 years.

They want Bill and Ben from Chicago who are on the trip of a lifetime who will do a tour, buy £200 in merchandise and £20-£30 in food/drink.

And they are doing everything they can do ensure that happens.

They look at the spreadsheets and see what Liverpool take on a match day and think we need to get to that level. Wankers the lot of them.
My apologies for missing your point.

Ironically, I helped arrange one of those trips for friends of mine. She wanted to give her husband a trip of a lifetime to watch City at the Etihad in a big game. Told them about the Hospitality gigs City do, so they booked it. Cost them a small fortune for a regular punter, but if you’re paying £1,000 for a flight, dropping another £1,000 on the whole point of the trip is gravy.

The problem, though, is that City are not going to fill the Etihad with day trippers. They might be able to fill a few hundred vacant seats that way, but the bread and butter is the 35,000 - 40,000 every gamers who need to be nurtured, if not coddled!

Only so much money to go around.
Only so much time to invest due to other responsibility’s.
Less chance of getting Covid watching on tv.
Can drink and eat anything I want watching tv
Can swear at tv without anyone getting offended
No sitting in traffic for hours
No getting wet
No security checks
No mobile ticketing at home
Can be in bed for ten rather than midnight and no anxiety over public transport.
Won’t get ticket for champions league final however many games I go to.
Can see more on telly
Can watch with family without exorbitant costs if all were to attend.all blues but each with varying levels of buy in.
Organising everything is becoming more and more hassle and a chore rather than something to look forward too. The club have not helped with some of their recent decisions.
I’m getting older so being taken as a mug is less palatable as when I was more fanatical I suppose.

great post that mate. I often think of the midweeks what the fuck am I doing!

My apologies for missing your point.

Ironically, I helped arrange one of those trips for friends of mine. She wanted to give her husband a trip of a lifetime to watch City at the Etihad in a big game. Told them about the Hospitality gigs City do, so they booked it. Cost them a small fortune for a regular punter, but if you’re paying £1,000 for a flight, dropping another £1,000 on the whole point of the trip is gravy.

The problem, though, is that City are not going to fill the Etihad with day trippers. They might be able to fill a few hundred vacant seats that way, but the bread and butter is the 35,000 - 40,000 every gamers who need to be nurtured, if not coddled!

It’s also a dangerous game as day trippers want to see a successful team. The next time I visit the USA I want to take in a Brooklyn Nets game not a Memphis Grizzlies.

There is room for both sets of fans. If they treated both with equal respect and both have equal enjoyable experiences then the one set of fans they prefer would have a much more enjoyable experience.

Imagine paying all that money to sit in a dead atmosphere.

There was a Barca fan I follow on twitter who went to the game last night, he was so excited in the build up but massively underwhelmed post game, he goes away with a negative experience now, one he probably won’t use to return but the club have his money and the spreadsheet looks healthy so some no marks are doing their job and getting the likes on LinkedIn.

Pre pandemic, if you caught a train from London (I get on at MK normally) you'd see just how many we have, the trains I get are mostly "blues", and there are plenty of options.

Yeah I’ve started to get that impression recently. So noticeable in night games, genuinely would struggle myself so fair play to each and every one who makes those trips.

I don't even want that, just to be respected for making the effort, by decent customer service, since fans returned the service is utterly shocking, 2 of my relatives, regulars for decades have given up over mobile ticketing, few of us wanted that, but it saves on plastic cards..... (there's no difference to getting in (well other than it works less well)).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.