Why didn't you go to the Leipzig game?

I think its his 'view' that's made a mountain out of a molehill.

He didn't need to speak to the media over it, and now we have Pep saying he will leave if we don't want him.
Pep, when he asks for more fans to attend in front of the United and Liverpool supporting media
silver-platter.jpg

Yes he doe's do a lot of supporters club work you're right Tim but if you know him he lives in a different world to most of our fans who give up a far bigger percentage of their income to follow City, and interviews on Sky Sports just give extra sticks to beat our support with sadly.
Is the 100% correct answer IMO !!

For the sake of honesty I'm still avoiding games due to COVID stuff. Too many of my family and friends have suffered badly from it and although I'm healthy and at no big risk of problems, I'm partially responsible for the care of 2 very vulnerable people and I'd really not like to take any chances. I expect a lot of criticism aimed at me but when it hits you up close it's borderline traumatic and it's impossible for me to shake that wariness.

The sad thing is it's literally just the football that I'm unwilling to do. The rest of my life is back to normal but football is the only thing I did previously that I still regard as very COVID unsafe.

Thankfully there's no empty seat where I usually sit. I've been consistently able to find replacements and will be able to do so as long as I'm not confident with safety factors.
I doubt very much you'll get any criticism aimed at you at all mate.

Think he forgets we don’t have the same volume of tourists as his previous clubs. City have 45k season tickets and 5th highest weekly attendance in prem apparently but we don’t attract the Irish and Chinese like the rags and dippers. Fans over tourists any day.

You cannot change the mathematics. We simply do not have enough fans, yet, to take up the slack. I'm on all the cup schemes but it is there and back in 45 minutes for me so no real excuse. I doubt any club has their Saturday support turning up for all the midweek fixtures so you are left with the number of fans who cannot or prefer not to go all the time to take up the slack. Personally I think 38000 is a damn good crowd for for a first group game. Finally, the idea that somehow, someway, who you support dictates how good a fan you are is ludicrous.

OK and would reporting that strategy to City Matters be something you expect?

So what's your suggested strategy for that?

Kids tickets for tomorrows game are not expensive. Adult ones can be got for a reasonable price. If people can't afford that, they aren't going to come to games even if you make arrangements to bring bus loads of kids from schools for free.

I'm pretty sure Soriano's strategy is play great football, win games and people will want to come to see that live in person.
I'd expect to discuss and shape that strategy at City Matters. I've brought the issue up a number of times. For Category A games games, we're far more expensive for a family of 4 than United or Liverpool. For B & C games Arsenal are £15 a seat cheaper. So we should price family tickets more keenly.

Soriano's strategy is revenue maximisation, hence the completely unnecessary small price increases each season prior to this one. We all know we have a smaller pool of matchgoing fans than United or Liverpool so sacrifice some revenue to increase that pool. Do what you have to in order to get families to come two or three times in a season. Because that's how I started, with my dad and brother. Allow families to buy a cheap 3 match ticket bundle for 1 Cat B game & 2 Cat C, priced at £100 or £120 for an adult & two kids. Basically that's the 2 kids going free. They'll make up for that in food and merchandise probably.

Price the Wycombe game at £10 maximum and give away a child ticket with each adult one or something.

Then in maybe 5 or 10 seasons, we'll have a much larger group of fans, probably new, who are used to coming to games.

I'd expect to discuss and shape that strategy at City Matters. I've brought the issue up a number of times. For Category A games games, we're far more expensive for a family of 4 than United or Liverpool. For B & C games Arsenal are £15 a seat cheaper. So we should price family tickets more keenly.

Soriano's strategy is revenue maximisation, hence the completely unnecessary small price increases each season prior to this one. We all know we have a smaller pool of matchgoing fans than United or Liverpool so sacrifice some revenue to increase that pool. Do what you have to in order to get families to come two or three times in a season. Because that's how I started, with my dad and brother. So allow families to buy a cheap 3 match ticket bundle for say 1 Cat B game & 2 Cat C, say £120 for an adult & two kids. Basically that's the 2 kids going free. They'll make up for that in food and merchandise probably.
Sounds a little to sensible to me.

Why are we only ever compared to United and Liverpool? Why do they not say we got 15,000 more than Leicester or 6,000 more than Chelsea. Liverpool have lots and lots of fans and a ‘thing’ for European football we just don’t have. Give me 3 points v Southampton over Leipzig all day long.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.