Why do red scousers hate Shay Given ?

There is a light said:
They may be talking shite about Shay, they may be talking even bigger shite about Ben Foster (struggling to understand that one) but rather replace them than the Rags in the top 4? Do me a favour. Let the scousers say what they want but lets keep some perspective.

sense

given is by far the best gk in the prem..ive never seen him make an clanger like reina or james has made..and he has pulled of some of the best saves ive ever seen..like the save he pulled of against boro from alves shot..and the saves he made in the derby..bet ya the opinion would change from the dirty scousers if they signed Shay

I have always found RAWK an amusing place to while away some time when I need cheering up.

They really are the most deluded people on this planet.

Firstly, I should point out I am Irish and a big fan of Shay having watched him countless times before he came to City. I do think he is probably the best in the premier league (certainly can't think of anyone I'd prefer to have in goal).

However, having attended the Ireland v Italy game last Saturday, one thing that stood out for me was the way Buffon commanded his area. I lost count of the amount of times he plucked crosses and corners out of the sky with ease. That is something that Shay doesn't do, probably because of his size. I think that is contributing to City's vulnerability at set pieces. You either have to have a commanding centre half (Terry ?) or a keeper with the ability (and height) to deal with crosses.

So while we are very lucky to have a keeper with Shay's shot stopping qualities in goal, it's going to be heart in the mouth time at set pieces for the forseeable future.

royalblue said:
Firstly, I should point out I am Irish and a big fan of Shay having watched him countless times before he came to City. I do think he is probably the best in the premier league (certainly can't think of anyone I'd prefer to have in goal).

However, having attended the Ireland v Italy game last Saturday, one thing that stood out for me was the way Buffon commanded his area. I lost count of the amount of times he plucked crosses and corners out of the sky with ease. That is something that Shay doesn't do, probably because of his size. I think that is contributing to City's vulnerability at set pieces. You either have to have a commanding centre half (Terry ?) or a keeper with the ability (and height) to deal with crosses.

So while we are very lucky to have a keeper with Shay's shot stopping qualities in goal, it's going to be heart in the mouth time at set pieces for the forseeable future.

Agreed

nashark said:
I don't think Shay Given is really that good. Don't get me wrong he is a very good goalkeeper but the way people go on about him on bluemoon is quite frankly astounding. There was a thread one time which read 'Shay Given - Best Goalie In The World.' I argued my point in that thread which basically put the point across that he was probably just about in the top 20. The amount of abuse I got required a diamond encrusted tin hat. I believe Shay Given is a great goalkeeper but not as good as we sometimes make out. I would put Reina and James ahead of him in the prem standings.

*dons carbon latimer structured tin hat on*

Go on admit it, you only say these things to try your new hats on. Don't you.....

There is a light said:
darrenwassall said:
they are professional mourners,you mentioned 96 dying no one else

Professional mourners because they've had a lot of reason to. If you weren't referring to that fair enough, but I suspect Hillsbrough is why they have that reputation.

Those dippin arses built their city on slavery. They deserve all they get.

Liverpool is a coastal city in the North West of England, it has a long history as a trade port within the British Empire flourishing in that time predominantly due to its part in the slave trade and has been in decline ever since. Liverpool was awarded the title "European Capital of Culture" in 2008 after gun, drug and gang were introduced in the scoring system and the city wiped the board.
Liverpool is known for its rough, ugly and self-pitying people who will band together and indulge in huge amounts of weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth rather than just picking themselves up and getting on with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.