Why do you support City ?

Hamann Pineapple

Do they bring you joy ? Do they bring you pain ? They're not children. They're not a commitment. So ask yourself this question, Why do YOU support City ? And stop fucking moaning.

Because my Dad did.

I was the only one in school I think. All the rest were Bolton (where I live) or Liverpool - Liverpool for the same reason as there are so many rags now ;-)

He made me hate the rags even from an early age. When I was six, I was given a book on George Best by a neighbour who thought I was just into 'football'. I promptly scribbled on every picture and gave him the book back. Not something I'd normally do. I still have a lot of annuals and books from that time and they are unmarked and as good as the day they were bought even though they have been read many times.

Needless to say I didn't get any more books off him.

Grandad > dad > myself > my missus is pregnant and then there will be another blue :)

Because I'm from Manchester !!! Also was taken to the swamp for one game by my brother and Maine road by my uncle for a City game . Sat down in the swamp and stood in the Kippax .... it was enough for me !! The place was amazing compared to OT . Something I will never forget.

My Dad's Dad (a Grandad I never met as he died before I was born) was born in like 1912. He lived in Altrincham and on a Friday used to go on a horse and cart with his Dad and brothers to Manchester to deliver milk, eggs and sometimes soil to a few places. They'd stay over and on the Saturday they'd go and watch City at Hyde Road.

My Dad was born in 1957 and as soon as he was old enough (think he'd be about 7) his Dad took him on the bus from the Broomwood in Timperley - where they lived - to watch City at Maine Road after my Grandad became a big blue after a few daceades of watching them. He did also take my Dad and my uncle to Old Trafford on alternate weeks.

My Mam's Mam was from Moss Side. She was born in the 30's and started going to City games after the war. My Mam's Dad was Polish and had 7 brothers. They lived in Cheetham Hill and then moved to Moss Side. They all became blues. My Mam grew up on Russell Street off Claremont Road. Also born in 1957 by the time she was a teenager she was going to every City home game a did so for decades.

My Mam moved to Wythenshawe - obviously right next to Timperley - and met my Dad. They had me. Obviously with both of them being blues and having families of blues; I'm a blue.

My Dad started taking me to home games when I was 6 and away games from my 7th birthday.

I'm a City fan because of that. It's a family thing, it's a local thing. It has nothing to do with which players play for them, potential success, actual success, or even what division they're in or how shit they are; I'd support them if they were in the Conference and had never been good.<br /><br />-- Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:14 am --<br /><br />
leruzin said:
Because I'm from Manchester !!! Also was taken to the swamp for one game by my brother and Maine road by my uncle for a City game . Sat down in the swamp and stood in the Kippax .... it was enough for me !! The place was amazing compared to OT . Something I will never forget.

My Dad says that too. As a kid and teenager in the 60's and 70's he'd stood in the Kippax and Stretford End plenty of times and said that the Kippax was amazing compared to the SE. That was the main reason - as well as his Dad favouring City of the two - for him becoming a City fan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.