Why does Aguero play poorly alongside Balotelli?

1:- Mario doesn't have good passing or vision
2:- He can't drop deep
3:- Which forces Aguero to drop deep or go wide - further away from the goal = less goal chances for him
4:- When Aguero does push up and Balotelli goes deep or wide he doesn't get good service or assistance from Balotelli

It's like what Neville said before, we try to play the same way with different players but it doesn't work. Balotelli and Dzeko can't play like Aguero and Tevez. Which leaves two options:-

1:- Get rid of them and get players that are more suited to how we play i.e. Players that can drop deep or push up, pass well, can create etc

OR

2:- Keep them and buy more players and switch between those sets to get the best out of the strikers playing at the time i.e. play with 2 wingers to whip balls into Dzeko ---- Which in my opinion is not worth it

Jumanji said:
TCIB said:
redmizzle said:
I think it's more a case of why do Aguero and Tevez play so well alongside each other.
Tevez and Aguero play in the same national team, are from the same country and have known and played alongside each other for more than just under a season as is the case with Aguero & Dzeko or Aguero & Balotelli so it's no surprise if they have a better understanding of each other's game.
This is the first season where Aguero and Balotelli have ever played together in the same team and it takes time to build a partnership so again it's no surprise if they don't have the greatest understanding of each others game YET. Same goes for Aguero and Dzeko.

I have not seen any advancement at all in understanding between the two. I can't see what anyone could say to show otherwise really on the whole.
Mario thinks he's 'it' and doesn't try to get Kun on the ball more (who is obviously better than him). He's more likely to take a shot then take on the role as provider with a simple pass.
Tevez's arrival made me realise how much of a disconnect there can be up top. Tevez was slated as being selfish, but he never had a world class forward to play off of.

I also think Damocles made an excellent point in his West Brom review:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Blog/index.php/2012/04/13/west-brom-review/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Blog/ind ... om-review/</a>
This is what I believe to be “The Mancini style”. He has given lectures in the past on the importance of universality in players and on creating overloads on the pitch as a means of success. The passing triangles formed on each wing create that domination, whilst the opposite wing moves into more standard positions to recieve the ball and create/finish a scoring opportunity. However, due to Balo’s and Dzeko’s love of playing on the last man and moving into channels to make a run rather than form a passing situation, it’s something that we’ve rarely had this year. Tevez/Aguero/Silva/Nasri are all comfortable on the wings, in the centre on the last man, in the centre facing a defence or dropping deep to receive the ball

Isn't this exactly what Neville was saying was one of the best things about Aguero?

CaliforniaBlue said:
Jumanji said:
TCIB said:
I have not seen any advancement at all in understanding between the two. I can't see what anyone could say to show otherwise really on the whole.
Mario thinks he's 'it' and doesn't try to get Kun on the ball more (who is obviously better than him). He's more likely to take a shot then take on the role as provider with a simple pass.
Tevez's arrival made me realise how much of a disconnect there can be up top. Tevez was slated as being selfish, but he never had a world class forward to play off of.

I also think Damocles made an excellent point in his West Brom review:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Blog/index.php/2012/04/13/west-brom-review/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Blog/ind ... om-review/</a>
This is what I believe to be “The Mancini style”. He has given lectures in the past on the importance of universality in players and on creating overloads on the pitch as a means of success. The passing triangles formed on each wing create that domination, whilst the opposite wing moves into more standard positions to recieve the ball and create/finish a scoring opportunity. However, due to Balo’s and Dzeko’s love of playing on the last man and moving into channels to make a run rather than form a passing situation, it’s something that we’ve rarely had this year. Tevez/Aguero/Silva/Nasri are all comfortable on the wings, in the centre on the last man, in the centre facing a defence or dropping deep to receive the ball

Isn't this exactly what Neville was saying was one of the best things about Aguero?
Sure but there needs to be a certain balance and understanding between our forwards.

I've said before that Mario's movement is excellent. In fact I've also said he would probably be our best option at lone striker.

With Tevez and Aguero there seems to be a better balance between the two frontmen. They pick out each other's runs but also combine well which is important too.

I'm not sure I understood the point you were making...Kun's a striker so of course he's going to find himself in the positions that Neville was praising him for.

The Athletico fans that come here always say there's more to Kun's game then just making runs. It's true...he's versatile and combines well provided the players round him understand how he plays. Maybe Tevez can be Aguero's Forlan.

Notice after the surprise big win against WBA, when Aguero was Interviewed about Tevez the first thing he mentioned was that they have a good understanding? That says it all IMO.

Can anyone imagine Balotelli chasing the ball like Tevez did for his 3rd on saturday (pouncing on the loose backpass).

davealvers said:
Can anyone imagine Balotelli chasing the ball like Tevez did for his 3rd on saturday (pouncing on the loose backpass).

Yes, he does it often as does every player who plays as aforward for City. Our pressing in the final third is constant, no matter who is on the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.