why does lescott want to leave

yorkieblue

I know he isnt playing regular, but he is still getting plenty of game time and has the chance to win 4 medals this year, which will look good on his achievements when he finishes playing. Better players have won nowt in the careers before, and if he leaves for the hammers the only thing he will look forward too is playing in the championship.

yorkieblue said:
I know he isnt playing regular, but he is still getting plenty of game time and has the chance to win 4 medals this year, which will look good on his achievements when he finishes playing. Better players have won nowt in the careers before, and if he leaves for the hammers the only thing he will look forward too is playing in the championship.

Or in Rio

The only reason I can see him leaving before the summer is if he has the chance to play every game for the hammers before the end of the season he might be able to break into the England squad,unlikely but he might feel he still has a chance as the other english defenders are average players at best.

The annoying thing is he feels he needs to play more for hiw world cup chances. The thing is he has probably started more games at centre back than Jones and Smalling who will be chosen ahead of him.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
He doesn't want to leave.Don't believe what the papers say.

This.

I also think being part of a cup winning, double winning...etc etc team will give his chances of playing in Brazil a huge boost.

If it doesn't then there is fuck all he can do to get into the team above and beyond that IMO

stony said:
yorkieblue said:

Or in Rio

I honestly don't think this will be his motivation to leave. I really don't see it. What is so special about playing 3/4 games in a shite England side surrounded by under performers and frankly inept footballers that will inevitably crash out of the World Cup to much criticism from the national press, when he has the chance to play at the Nou Camp, Wembley and challenging on 4 fronts with his club.

I dont subscribe to the World Cup theory

He's clearly been told he can leave if we sign a centre half. But as that looks unlikely he will stay I assume.

Didsbury Dave said:
He's clearly been told he can leave if we sign a centre half. But as that looks unlikely he will stay I assume.

I don't really understand why we would have told him he can leave. He's definitely going in the summer with his contract running out but regardless of his limitations, he knows the league, he has a long standing and pretty reliable partnership with Kompany, he's done a decent job when called upon and we have so many games coming up we will need our whole sqaud to contribute. Why take the risk of replacing him with someone who may not have played in the prem before and will not have established any kind of partnership with our number one centre back. Makes little sense to me going into a title run in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.