why does lescott want to leave

Lancet Fluke said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Lancet Fluke said:
I don't really understand why we would have told him he can leave. He's definitely going in the summer with his contract running out but regardless of his limitations, he knows the league, he has a long standing and pretty reliable partnership with Kompany, he's done a decent job when called upon and we have so many games coming up we will need our whole sqaud to contribute. Why take the risk of replacing him with someone who may not have played in the prem before and will not have established any kind of partnership with our number one centre back. Makes little sense to me going into a title run in.

I don't know the details at all, lancet, but I'd imagine he wants first team football every week and has requested a move. He gave the game away in an interview after a recent game where he was non-committal, sort of "we'll have to see what happens". I'm guessing that given that, city are shopping around for a world class centre half. I doubt any are available though, so I'm sure he will stay.

That's why summer makes sense, then we will be able to get a proper long term replacement. It's just an unnecessary piece of business imo if we do it. he's on excellent money, just tell him he's staying. He will get a reasonable amount of games and will have a good chance of winning some medals. He won't get in the England squad imo whether he moves or not. Hodgson loves some of those shite united defenders like smalling and jones.

I suspect that's more or less how it is: that city have said 'you're not going anywhere unless we sign a replacement'. But they sure as shit won't be looking at a demichelis type replacement. It will be top drawer players. The point I'm trying to make is that city will be in ongoing dialogue with agents about their players, and I'd be very surprised if centre half wasn't a priority. On the off chance they can make one of those deals happen now he might be allowed to go.

Otherwise, as you say, summer is ideal for us. I take your point about it being ideal for him too but I'd guess he won't have ruled Brazil out.

What's better for a player? 20 starts for Stoke in a relegation scrap and a chance of Brazil, or 8 starts for us and a couple of medals but no World Cup? I don't know.

Normal rules of employment don't apply to mega-rich star footballers.

Maybe Lescott is just a bit fed up at work and fancies a change.

He knows he can easily get another staggeringly well paid job so he doesn't need to pretend he's happy in his current staggeringly well paid job.

Davs 19 said:
cleavers said:
George Hannah said:
remind me who his agent is again...?
Who is it ? I've no idea.

Has he actually said he wants to move, or is it just paper talk ?

Kia , I presume.
Kia isn't an official agent though.

As for "off the wage bill", not much point if we don't have a better replacement, Demichellis was brought in as back up, and he's doing fine, but we need to replace Lescott with at least as good, and I suspect we're looking at top of the range, and more youthful for that.

That won't happen until the summer imho.

I was told by my gran, who was told by her hair dresser, who was told by the once mega singer and song writer of simple red, who wrote great classics like money to tight to mention and another song what I can't quite remember now. Mick Hooknall, whilst he was having his roots done 'that we will sign a footballer in the near future'.

Isn't it all very exciting.....as me nan don't lie, apart from telling me their was a big dog in the shed to stop me going in.

I feel for Lescott.

I think his game has come on superbly, in the last year, adding the 'passing' element that kept him out of the side, originally. It always shocks me, just lately, to see him willing to stride out and seek the forward pass and mostly reaches its target!

And that fantastic last ditch block against Morrison as he strode through our defence, in the semi...?!

Nothing short of sensational and he was a worthy captain, that night.

Certainly my preferred partner, for Komps, of late.

There's no room for sentiment at the top, the club have to continually be looking for improvements in all areas, and the recent buys have been working out fine. Joleon knows this and also knows that he is himself a good player and popular with team-mates and fans. He'll be hoping the club don't find anyone in the next six months in the hope he can get an extension, but he also needs to be alerting other clubs in case they want his services. Messages will be mixed.

As for England, he's got no chance. The FA haven't yet noticed City's progress - they're a bit slow on the uptake. If he went to Liverpool, he'd have half a chance of making Brazil.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.