why does lescott want to leave

Going nowhere until we get better, however as defenders who are measured on defensive capabilities alone there are not really many better. Sure DeMechelis is a better footballer but never better as a defender.

I think he's being foolish if he wants away. Only a mad man would trade a potential handful of medals and the Sumner off for a relegation fight and the chance to be ridiculed, as England are sure to be, out in Brazil's mid day sun!

Nobody's doubting your Englishman's credentials Joleon, however your desire to pursue such folly is in danger of reclassifying you as somewhat more 'Mad-Dog'

Lancet Fluke said:
Didsbury Dave said:
He's clearly been told he can leave if we sign a centre half. But as that looks unlikely he will stay I assume.

I don't really understand why we would have told him he can leave. He's definitely going in the summer with his contract running out but regardless of his limitations, he knows the league, he has a long standing and pretty reliable partnership with Kompany, he's done a decent job when called upon and we have so many games coming up we will need our whole sqaud to contribute. Why take the risk of replacing him with someone who may not have played in the prem before and will not have established any kind of partnership with our number one centre back. Makes little sense to me going into a title run in.

I don't know the details at all, lancet, but I'd imagine he wants first team football every week and has requested a move. He gave the game away in an interview after a recent game where he was non-committal, sort of "we'll have to see what happens". I'm guessing that given that, city are shopping around for a world class centre half. I doubt any are available though, so I'm sure he will stay.

Didsbury Dave said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Didsbury Dave said:
He's clearly been told he can leave if we sign a centre half. But as that looks unlikely he will stay I assume.

I don't really understand why we would have told him he can leave. He's definitely going in the summer with his contract running out but regardless of his limitations, he knows the league, he has a long standing and pretty reliable partnership with Kompany, he's done a decent job when called upon and we have so many games coming up we will need our whole sqaud to contribute. Why take the risk of replacing him with someone who may not have played in the prem before and will not have established any kind of partnership with our number one centre back. Makes little sense to me going into a title run in.

I don't know the details at all, lancet, but I'd imagine he wants first team football every week and has requested a move. He gave the game away in an interview after a recent game where he was non-committal, sort of "we'll have to see what happens". I'm guessing that given that, city are shopping around for a world class centre half. I doubt any are available though, so I'm sure he will stay.

That's why summer makes sense, then we will be able to get a proper long term replacement. It's just an unnecessary piece of business imo if we do it. he's on excellent money, just tell him he's staying. He will get a reasonable amount of games and will have a good chance of winning some medals. He won't get in the England squad imo whether he moves or not. Hodgson loves some of those shite united defenders like smalling and jones.

George Hannah said:
remind me who his agent is again...?
I remember now - a Persian ex used-car salesman whose star is in the ascendant again after the unusual death of his mentor Boris. He retains links with City and third party transactions involving Chelsea are a speciality of course - Ramires, Willian and ...?

he is probably eligable for medals with games played upto now

lescott obviously wants a last chance to play in the world cup , but if he played every game until the end of the season and we won the quadruple , the clown who manages england would still pick smalling and jones , despite them having a horrendous season , Hodgson loves the rags and if the tea lady at the swamp was english she would be in the squad for brazil.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.