Why does Stuart Pearce hate City so much?

He's an absolute ****.

He's a prick for playing David James up front when we had a natural striker on the bench, As usual he wanted the limelight and he got it and it still gets talked about to this day.

Not to mention the season were we couldn't score a fucking goal at home, Genuinely the worst football I've ever watched at The Etihad.

It's baffling that he gets paid to talk about football. He shocking be entitled to an opinion.

I didn’t even watch the home derby that season, couldn’t torture myself with turgid, miserable joyless football and the inevitable 1-0 defeat. The difference with Sven the following season was incredible.
And the really annoying thing about that game was that we were safe from relegation by then. We could've gone out and had a go at them. I think most of us would have accepted losing if we'd shown some fight. But that fucker still put 10 men behind the ball, and was more worried about not conceding than scoring.

And the really annoying thing about that game was that we were safe from relegation by then. We could've gone out and had a go at them. I think most of us would have accepted losing if we'd shown some fight. But that fucker still put 10 men behind the ball, and was more worried about not conceding than scoring.
And Vassell kept up our record of not scoring a home goal since NY day by hitting a penalty straight down the middle for Van der Saar to save.

Which was a result of the players protesting Sven’s imminent sacking. Hate it when this result gets brought up like it’s a legitimate illustration of us being shit before the takeover, because that year we wasn’t.
Pretty sure that game was the only time Boro scored more than 2 goals all season. Just shows how much the players really did down tools that day.

Elano was a quality player for us especially at the start of the season
Sven brought in some very good quality players, by our standards at that time. Corluka, Geovanni, Petrov, Bojinov. Even Gelson Fernandes and Javier Garrido had no little ability.

It was a shame that Rolando Bianchi didn’t work out, but seven out of eight is pretty good. And, yes, I know Bojinov's injury record was a nightmare.

I still maintain that Elano's free-kick against Newcastle is the best one I’ve been in the stadium (or any football ground) to witness.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.