Why does Stuart Pearce hate City so much?

My first time at the Etihad was November 2006. I came all the way over from Boston to see one of the absolute worst games of football I have ever seen live or on TV. A turgid 0-0 with Blackburn. The highlight of the day was Pearce throwing the ball at a Blackburn player to get the game restarted. I kid you not. City didn't have a shot on target. It was awful stuff.

I had a bloody great evening in the fleshpots of Manchester though along with some good folks from the old TalkinCity board - of which there are a few on here...;)
Isn’t a flesh pot a brothel? Maybe that’s what you and the TC crew got up to?

Did he not take over and get us into Europe though? I remember us winning at Villa and celebrating this - or have i dreamt it?

Anyway Stuart “Waskly Wabbit” Pearce and Gareth “Hose Nose” Southgate are 2 cheeks of the same arse when it comes to football coaching/managers. Shite

Edit : it was Sven through Fair Play League the season after
Embarrassingly, an expansive attacking Southgate’s Boro put 8 past Sven’s City

Stuart Pearce is the reason I didn't renew my season ticket after 20+ years of not missing any home games. I will never listen to that twat's opinion on football.
He's the reason I caved into the Mrs and agreed to upping sticks and moving away. That last season and a half were beyond abysmal

I think what summed him up that season for me was the quarter final v West Ham. No fight, no tackles no goal threat against a team that were actually almost as bad as us, in a game we actually had a chance in. The only game I ever attended with my late dad as he was a blue from Clayton but never went to games. We were sat right behind Pearce just to the left of the dugout, had gone down 1-0 (hazy memory) and there was a tackle to be made right near the touch line in front of us, proper 50-50. I can’t remember who it was but our player hardly attempted to win the ball, they broke and it was in the back of our net. The player didn’t give a fuck and Pearce (considering he was meant to be a hard man, king of the 50-50’s) just stood there in silence, no emotion, never uttered a word. He was an absolute disgrace. We would have been better grabbing a blue from the crowd to coach them and kicking Pearce and his cuddly toy as far as we could into the canal.

Worst football I've seen, and I've seen some shit over the years. The 2006/2007 season we only scored 10 league goals at home all season & didn't score a home league goal after new years day.
Easily the worst. I was close to giving up my season ticket after that horror show of a season, bearing in mind that even relegation to League One didn't make me feel that way tells you how bad it was

Stuart Pearce is the reason I didn't renew my season ticket after 20+ years of not missing any home games. I will never listen to that twat's opinion on football.

I didn’t even watch the home derby that season, couldn’t torture myself with turgid, miserable joyless football and the inevitable 1-0 defeat. The difference with Sven the following season was incredible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.