Why don't kids play football anymore?

Blue Smarties

An observation I've made recently when it was hot over the weekend. Most days me and a group of lads go down to the park for a kick around. Depending on the day we can be there any time between 1PM and 8PM (getting later the longer the sun stays out), some days we can stay for the full 1PM - 8PM depending when we finish college etc. We've noticed the odd group of kids having a kick around however over the weekend was when it shocked us. We were down for a lengthy time and only saw around fifteen other people at various times. Why don't people/kids play football any more? Even when the local football teams have training none of them stick around after, they're all straight home!

The parks hardly shabby, around the area we have six pitches all with goals varying in size, a football court (red) and a 3G football pitch (yellow) with bigger floodlights than Maine Road. Why don't they make use of this?! Our future national teams are going to be wank if every area is like ours.

[bigimg]http://i53.tinypic.com/15d497a.png[/bigimg]

Playstation generation.

They would rather play football simulation games than actually run around and kick a real football.

Just wait till they invent virtual masturbation ....

Strongbow2LitreBottle.jpg

936full-sony-playstation-2-(ps2)-console-media.jpg

supportingcitysincelunchtime said:

Times have changed since the days of cider and PS2.

PS3 or X-Box and quality tinned lager (boys) Lambrini (girls). Vodka redbull when they're full of gassy lager/wine.

They do still play football with their mates! They just do it in seperate houses staring at a screen. I was talking about this the other day, growing up in the early eighties, i was out with a ball from morning till night. There were very, very few fat kids then. Now 1 in 3 young lads have bellies and bigger tits than their mams!

Get them outside i say!

glen quagmire said:
They do still play football with their mates! They just do it in seperate houses staring at a screen. I was talking about this the other day, growing up in the early eighties, i was out with a ball from morning till night. There were very, very few fat kids then. Now 1 in 3 young lads have bellies and bigger tits than their mams!

Get them outside i say!

bollocks to it. i'm going to hide his PS3 before he gets home from school.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.