Why don't kids play football anymore?

Kids are too busy getting stoned nowadays, they've lost interest completely.

Kick pitches and other football facilities that have been provided by councils etc are just vandalised within a few weeks, it turns into a place to avoid - smashed glass, grafiti, burnt out cars. Ungrateful twats.

I've started to do a bit lately, play twice a week now which ive not done in a while but our age group is 20+ I rarely see kids playing.

I'm 16 and yesterday we went out to the park 1-6 before we all had to go. Then today they all came round to mine and we had a FIFA session before going off to footy training and playing for another hour and a half. Don't see many lads below our age mind but there are 1 or 2 who are always there when we are.

I have a young boy at 21 months. Every time the weather is half decent and I'm able to do so, I take him out in to the park, for a run around with or without a ball, without fail.

It's a habit I want him to have and will always pester him to do something sporting when he's older and will do as long as I'm alive.

Bigga said:
I have a young boy at 21 months. Every time the weather is half decent and I'm able to do so, I take him out in to the park, for a run around with or without a ball, without fail.

It's a habit I want him to have and will always pester him to do something sporting when he's older and will do as long as I'm alive.

Good man. I used to go down to the field for a kick about a couple of times a week with my dad. He could play a bit. There's a direct correlation between me becoming a shit player and stopping having a kick about with my dad cos I was too cool.

I know what you mean.

I'm 18 now and from the age of 11 to 16 (basically secondary school) I used to play football on my street every single night from about 5pm till 10pm. There was about ten of us everynight playing headers and volleys and singles. The guy who had the best nets for us to use (he had a pillow and a lampost perfect distance apart) was a man about 40 and he used to shove his car right to the top of his drive so we cud play.

But now iv not seen a ball kicked on the street for a couple of years now all I ever see is my little brother sat on his xbox with the headset on his head.

Even yesterday we all went down to our 3g pitch and played from 1 till 6 :)

The kids that love football still play alot I think. I'm 19 but when I was in high school, we used to go for a good game about 3 times a week after school plus playing for a team on Sunday and training one night a week. Our local astro used to be packed in the summer, you were lucky to get 1 goal, never mind a full pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.