Why don't kids play football anymore?

Being 17 I had a Playstation when I was younger but I still went out a lot. I spent the whole summer when I was about 10 out on the park playing football. And I played football every day at school, and when I was younger especially I'd play out on the street every day with about 6 other lads.

Can't believe how much it's changed, I remember my dad telling me at that age that he used to play out much more than I did when he was younger, but that was 30 years or so, and this is less than 10. I did work experience at my old primary school a few years ago, and there were no kids playing football. Before then, every lad except about 3 in the year would play football. And I still have a kick about at Power league or another astro every now and then and there's hardly any kids. Pretty sad really.

It's a shame, I'm only 20, yet I have fond memories of spending the whole Summer playing football. I'd go out at lunch time and get a bollocking off my mum if I came back after it had gone dark (though I did that regularly). There would be a group of about 20-30 lads routed to the field who were constantly there. I went to the same field not long ago when it was a nice day, it was overgrown and there wasn't a soul on it.

Depressing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.