Why don't we have a better atmosphere?

el bee said:
MCFCTamsie said:
not really sure what your point is mate? i wasnt saying everyone in the ground needs to stand up and sing...........

That's how it came across, I took it further, you also suggested that if people "just" want to go and watch the game they should stay at home in the warm and watch on TV - I'd say that should get the crowd down to about 7000.

It was the "stay at home and watch TV" comment that started my rant, although MCFCTamsie is far from the only person to come on here in threads about the atmosphere with similar ideas (though voiced differently), I was saying why i much prefer to be in the ground when i can afford it, and as I explained there are many reasons why to go to the game other than to bounce about and sing for 90 minutes.
FWIW, i was very often in the North Stand Maine Road, sometimes the atmosphere was "rocking" other times it was very subdued, sometimes I joined in, other times I didnt.
It is up to the individual as to how they want to enjoy the game that they have paid £30 -£40 or £50 for their pleasure, though for people like myself, i would rather pay the extra for Level 3 meaning that the "bouncy boys" can sing their hearts out in the singing section or the SS.

law74 said:
It was the "stay at home and watch TV" comment that started my rant, although MCFCTamsie is far from the only person to come on here in threads about the atmosphere with similar ideas (though voiced differently), I was saying why i much prefer to be in the ground when i can afford it, and as I explained there are many reasons why to go to the game other than to bounce about and sing for 90 minutes.
FWIW, i was very often in the North Stand Maine Road, sometimes the atmosphere was "rocking" other times it was very subdued, sometimes I joined in, other times I didnt.
It is up to the individual as to how they want to enjoy the game that they have paid £30 -£40 or £50 for their pleasure, though for people like myself, i would rather pay the extra for Level 3 meaning that the "bouncy boys" can sing their hearts out in the singing section or the SS.

With you all the way - I sit in level 3 also, we are obviously above most other posters on here - physically at least!

I think too many blues are all to happy to just sit there in silence and just clap politely like that of a content sea lion! complacency and apathy have crept in since we moved stadia i think. I was in the Northstand prior to becoming family stand and the atmosphere was fuckin awful. I like to get excited and sing along and if i started a racket in there the odd looks i got for ruining their silence were unreal! I'm now in 109 and the atmosphere in there and 110-111 is much better, but there are still way too many blues around me that never ever sing, why they dont move i don't know.

At the end of the day atmospere cannot be manufactured, it has to be generated. Sadly, too many simply cannot be arsed raising their voice in song and that's a sad fact, although the introduction of a safe standing area(or singing section) would no doubt improve noise levels, but for now, our collective atmosphere is just not good enough.

far too many go to watch the football, not enough go to raise the roof."Witty" songs wont do it, maybe a bad foul on Silva would get a good roar going for a few minutes. Fans turn up expecting to win nowadays,to savour the magic, bit like watching a good film. All seating is death to a proper cauldron atmosphere, polite applause is about as good as it gets for most of the time.

law74 said:
el bee said:
MCFCTamsie said:
not really sure what your point is mate? i wasnt saying everyone in the ground needs to stand up and sing...........

That's how it came across, I took it further, you also suggested that if people "just" want to go and watch the game they should stay at home in the warm and watch on TV - I'd say that should get the crowd down to about 7000.

i agree with you there mate if you pay that amount of money you are intitled to enjoy it however you want, my only point was i dislike it when people get on a downer for the fans who want to sing as i and many other fans can enjoy it our way as well, could i ask though if you are not botherd about the atmophere or have no intention to change it why are you bothered about the thred not trying to sound harsh again as after all we are all fellow blues diffrent opinions or not.

MCFCTamsie said:
could i ask though if you are not botherd about the atmophere or have no intention to change it why are you bothered about the thred not trying to sound harsh again as after all we are all fellow blues diffrent opinions or not.

Because previous threads like this one were proposing that away fans be re-located to level 3, a move i felt was a mistake, and from what i could hear in 242 last week, so it proved (for that game at least), but still we have people saying to give the away fans the best views in the ground.
We both know that the club are now probably more interested in the feelings of the fans than they have been for over 30 years, and they tend to read what is posted on internet message boards such as this, so if i dont read what is posted, and others that share my feelings dont read and reply to what is posted, then the club would feel that a greater number want the away fans in Level 3 than is actually the case, so i read the thread and reply to posts i do not agree with.
I fully support and always have supported the SAFE campaign, and if that cannot be brought about by legislative change soon enough, then the next best thing to imjprove the atmosphere would be unallocated seating in a block by block basis, so that a group of mates could stand - sit beside each other at hte game instead of being spread about.

mannymanc said:
kevodevo said:
marsy was here said:
to many OLD fans...
COULD YOU LET ME KNOW WHAT'S THE CUT OFF FOR ' OLD?' JUST LIKE TO KNOW WHERE I STAND AND IF I'M ALLOWED TO SING AND SHOUT???
ha, it's the 'old' fans who introduce and mostly pay for the 'young' fans. (funny post though)

It's a poor excuse to blame it on us older fans. Really scraping the barrel.

When my Dad first took me to Maine Road there were lots of 'older gentlemen' in the crowd. Absolutely loads of them. When I stood in the Kippax with my mates in the 1970's & 80's there were still loads of older guys there, week in, week out.

As the saying goes : 'Once a Blue, always a Blue' so to blame this issue on 'too many old fans' is a load of crap. All of us eventually grow old (unless watching City kills us off first). My son wouldn't be a City fan if I hadn't taken him in the first place. Ditto thousands of other Dads & offsprings who did likewise. That's how most Clubs' fanbases have developed and I'd like to bet that City's is no different than most others.

The atmosphere at Maine Road could be quiet at times - even when the Kippax was all standing. Maybe it's just the way City fans are. Another myth is re: the Hamburg match. Yes, it was noisy for most of the game, but a lot of that was down to the racket that the Hamburg fans were making. They were firing flares and singing almost non-stop and this increased the volume considerably.

The best atmosphere at Eastlands IMO has been for Derby matches, mainly due to the pure hatred that most of us have for the Rags and everything that they stand for. The opportunity to put one over on them is one which we treasure. It's just a pity that this sort of noise isn't generated on a more regular basis.

I am an older fan, and actually I like shout and sing. More often than not I go home hoarse. There must be many more like me, so please don't point the finger at us just because we are going grey at the edges. To lay the blame at our door is IMO mis-informed and TBH quite inaccurate.

so much being made of our atmosphere this season,

so fucking what, if you wanna sing, sing, if you dont, dont!

people look forward to the game all week and pay good money, everyone enjoys the matchday differently, some like to get in mary d's at 12 get pissed, miss the first 5 mins and ten mins before half time so they can have a beer, some like a coffee and get there at 2.55pm

every club has this argument i'm sure, but we are going round in circles with these threads,

we are top of the league, lets just enjoy our matchdays, however we spend them...

see you in mary d's at 12.............

BillCarlisle Ex-Manchester said:
mannymanc said:
kevodevo said:
It's a poor excuse to blame it on us older fans. Really scraping the barrel.

When my Dad first took me to Maine Road there were lots of 'older gentlemen' in the crowd. Absolutely loads of them. When I stood in the Kippax with my mates in the 1970's & 80's there were still loads of older guys there, week in, week out.

As the saying goes : 'Once a Blue, always a Blue' so to blame this issue on 'too many old fans' is a load of crap. All of us eventually grow old (unless watching City kills us off first). My son wouldn't be a City fan if I hadn't taken him in the first place. Ditto thousands of other Dads & offsprings who did likewise. That's how most Clubs' fanbases have developed and I'd like to bet that City's is no different than most others.

The atmosphere at Maine Road could be quiet at times - even when the Kippax was all standing. Maybe it's just the way City fans are. Another myth is re: the Hamburg match. Yes, it was noisy for most of the game, but a lot of that was down to the racket that the Hamburg fans were making. They were firing flares and singing almost non-stop and this increased the volume considerably.

The best atmosphere at Eastlands IMO has been for Derby matches, mainly due to the pure hatred that most of us have for the Rags and everything that they stand for. The opportunity to put one over on them is one which we treasure. It's just a pity that this sort of noise isn't generated on a more regular basis.

I am an older fan, and actually I like shout and sing. More often than not I go home hoarse. There must be many more like me, so please don't point the finger at us just because we are going grey at the edges. To lay the blame at our door is IMO mis-informed and TBH quite inaccurate.
half-past two

:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.