Why don't we have a better atmosphere?

maybe because we're not as good a set of fans as we like to think we are?

or maybe because English football has shifted so far away from the 80s and combined with a general apathy that surrounds most people in this nation that the passion for change and to create the atmosphere is not there like it is in other countries?

Maybe because we're so good on the pitch we just expect to score and win so it's more a confirmation of how good we are when we do those things as opposed to something brilliant and joyous.

or maybe the fanbase that was good when we were down in the dumps is a decade and a bit older and hence has shifting priorities, commitments and capabilities.

I'd hazard at it being a mish-mash of the above.

Golden Balls said:
Etihad is a fantastic stadium with the ability to fit massive numbers inside. It has the 3rd highest capacity in the league yet it doesn't feel like that.

Watching the Norwich game and many others, the atmosphere is lifeless at times. It appears as though it's dead quiet for 5-6min and then a 40sec chant.

Why can't we have a group of supporters singing, clapping and chanting for the full 90min? Make it an intimidating place to come and get points.

Watching the Bayern game their away supporters were the only ones you could hear through the tele.

I'm CTID but please don't try to dispute this gents. Touchy subject but a point I felt had to be made...

FUCK OFF YOU RED OZZY ****!!

Well I'm depressed now. There I was thinking I was seeing the best football by a country mile that I had ever seen from a City team.
Thinking that I was proud of our stadium and that I had seen newcomers and away fans alike looking at it in awe.
Grateful that I can leave at the final whistle and still be home by 6pm.
Thinking that when the time is right i.e derby games, crucial fixtures the atmosphere is something to be proud of.

Yet after reading this utter borefest of a thread, one of many lately, the atmosphere is shit, the roof is too high and thin. The fans are too old. The stands are too small and roads outside are too blocked.
My,my there are some real glass half empty divs amongst our support. Go and have a season at the DW or Breezeblock FFS.

For my part, the atmosphere is fine when it needs to be. The transport infrastructure will improve when the metrolink lines are finished. The roof has precisely nothing to do with it.
The demographic of the fans is well balanced, oh and did I say the football is fooking amazing?
Oh and finally moving the away fans will result in all the fans in 110 following them within a few seasons and so it will be just a mirror image of what it is now.

just hope that when the stadium gets expanded the priority will be to create a kop end like a hamburg

Personally I go to watch the football ......... I do my singin in the shower

Judge Roughneck said:
Well I'm depressed now. There I was thinking I was seeing the best football by a country mile that I had ever seen from a City team.
Thinking that I was proud of our stadium and that I had seen newcomers and away fans alike looking at it in awe.
Grateful that I can leave at the final whistle and still be home by 6pm.
Thinking that when the time is right i.e derby games, crucial fixtures the atmosphere is something to be proud of.

Yet after reading this utter borefest of a thread, one of many lately, the atmosphere is shit, the roof is too high and thin. The fans are too old. The stands are too small and roads outside are too blocked.
My,my there are some real glass half empty divs amongst our support. Go and have a season at the DW or Breezeblock FFS.

For my part, the atmosphere is fine when it needs to be. The transport infrastructure will improve when the metrolink lines are finished. The roof has precisely nothing to do with it.
The demographic of the fans is well balanced, oh and did I say the football is fooking amazing?
Oh and finally moving the away fans will result in all the fans in 110 following them within a few seasons and so it will be just a mirror image of what it is now.
sorry, only got half way through your post and got bored... could you narrow it down next time.. haha<br /><br />-- Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:20 pm --<br /><br />
SteveP said:
abba man hey?

Let your voice be heard then - the club has just sent out an email with a link to a survey about the singing section experiment. I answered negatively to it and posted a lengthy explanation of my thoughts in the comment area at the end of the survey, including voicing my support for the creation of a hardcores/ultras group.

SteveP said:

if thats the case mate why dont you stay at home and watch it on telly its probley a better view and its warmer, dont know about you but one of the main reasons i go and watch city at the ground is the atmophere and the emotion and passion shown by our supporters but what ever if you want football to be like a cinema carry on.<br /><br />-- Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:45 pm --<br /><br />
LoveCity said:
Let your voice be heard then - the club has just sent out an email with a link to a survey about the singing section experiment. I answered negatively to it and posted a lengthy explanation of my thoughts in the comment area at the end of the survey, including voicing my support for the creation of a hardcores/ultras group.

glad to here it mate and its already happening now blue alliance!! how do you get on this email link is it on citys website

Maybe 40,000 people just dont like you and spend an hour and a half swearing at their feet thinking i wish golden balls would fuck off :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.