Why Hugges didn`t put Petrov on second half ?

MonacoCityFan

After the immense preseason start 3 goals in 3 games and the goal agaist Barcelona Martin Petrov proved that he is still big force in this game . I got big question for Mr Huges , where was he the second half ? on the bench ! why ? why o why ? didn`t put him in , he is fast , creative .
First half was for us , and the second half when the Wolves started playing better than us and became major threat in front of our net Huges really should put Petrov in and what he do , he put Bellamy who did bad and De Jong who was invisible . We really needed Martin Petrov the second half , i really start to think there is something personal going on because . Petrov didn`t play against Blackburn and now again vs the Wolves. I am starting really to understand Petrov frustration about the whole situation

because we needed someone to chase down the opposition and put their players under pressure, much as I like MP, he just wouldn't do this.

Tevez was knackered on the hour and so it was a like for like change (Bells for Tevez) on 70 minutes. By 80 minutes, it was clear that 3 forwards seemed like a bit of a luxury and some midfield strengthening was needed. If Riggsby was going to come on, it would have to have been for Robinho at half time, but by the time we were ready to sub anyone, his chance had passed, because our backs were up against the wall for much of the second half.

I would expect to see a different line up against Palace on Thursday, and a different line up next weekend again. Riggsby will have plenty of opportunities to show he is fit and ready, but is going to have to wait his turn. Poking the manager in the eye in Barca is not exactly the right "attitude" when you do well and sulking will get you nowhere with Hughes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.