Why I am frustrated with our performances

THEBLUEDONKEY

We are in trouble as a species if people refuse to
ok i dont want this to be a moan based purely on stuff like "Hughes is shit", or "Robby ia a lazy......" but after viewing our games this season the following things seem to happen every game we play and nobody at the club seems to be picking up on them ..

1) Given continues to play the long ball out, that with tedious inevitability is either nodded straight back at us or to the oppositions backline ..we have a front line of players under 6 foot and Ade is not a ball winning hold up guy in my opinion ..why do we not play from the back ???

2) We have zero penetration of the oppositions box, ive lost count of the times we win posetion then get outside their box only to pass side to side before being forced back to Given with the result mentioned above.

3) Substitutions being made to late in a game to have an affect, and all to often like for like subbing ..

4) Playing Barry and Dejong in the middle against teams that with out attacking line up would have no chance, this combo just results in no creativity from the middle and therefore nothing for the forward line to get hold of

5) No ability still to cope with or score from set pieces, i fucking cringe everytime we concede a free kick or corner

and finaly i think its obvious to teams now we can not play against opposition that press us, we need far to long on the ball, last night spuds turned two three pass's into an attack we need 15/20 to get within the opponents box ....

etc etc etc

These are exactly the tactics employed by Hughes when he was at Blackburn. we have no creativity in the team as a whole and i use the word team loosely because they are not gelling. last night we had players in uncomfortable positions and no idea of what to do there. We allow other teams too much time on the ball and we have no idea of how to take a shot on goal from distance, still we think we can walk the ball into the net. I've followed city for over 20 years and went to every game with anticipation of a win but most of all I wanted to be entertained, I've seen good, bad and Ugly players and some pure gods play in Blue. But my enthusiasm is now on the wane because i see players on fortunes who really cant be bothered and a manager who at the present time hasn't got a clue.

CockneyBlueTheFirst said:
These are exactly the tactics employed by Hughes when he was at Blackburn. we have no creativity in the team as a whole and i use the word team loosely because they are not gelling. last night we had players in uncomfortable positions and no idea of what to do there. We allow other teams too much time on the ball and we have no idea of how to take a shot on goal from distance, still we think we can walk the ball into the net. I've followed city for over 20 years and went to every game with anticipation of a win but most of all I wanted to be entertained, I've seen good, bad and Ugly players and some pure gods play in Blue. But my enthusiasm is now on the wane because i see players on fortunes who really cant be bothered and a manager who at the present time hasn't got a clue.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ that, every word ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Rafa Benitez has won the Champions League with Liverpool - managerial genius ?

This season Liverpool have gone on a run of 6 points from 9 games - does that make Rafa Benitez clueless ?

Is Moyes clueless now Everton are 15th in the premiership ?

Blue Mooner said:

This season Liverpool have gone on a run of 6 points from 9 games - does that make Rafa Benitez clueless ?

You've hit the nail right on the head!
I think too many City fans have got ahead of themselves, our aim is top 4 (which in reality is still highly achiveable) and a cup final (also achivable).
We'll be up and down all season, what do people expect, a smooth ride to the top? I live in the real world.....not the "we should beat them 8 - 0" shit.

Brendan110_0 said:
Blue Mooner said:

I think too many City fans have got ahead of themselves, our aim is top 4 (which in reality is still highly achiveable) and a cup final (also achivable).
We'll be up and down all season, what do people expect, a smooth ride to the top? I live in the real world.....not the "we should beat them 8 - 0" shit.

Not going to get top 4 though mate are we if we are up and down as you say?

11 points from the last 30 is nothing like top 4 form, it is much nearer the bottom 3 in fact.

blueinsa said:
Brendan110_0 said:

Not going to get top 4 though mate are we if we are up and down as you say?

11 points from the last 30 is nothing like top 4 form, it is much nearer the bottom 3 in fact.

I'm sure we'll see at the end of the season.

Brendan110_0 said:
Blue Mooner said:

Seriously, who's talking about beating teams 8-0? We're disappointed because we should be beating the likes of Fulham, Burnley and Hull at home, and the likes of Birmingham and Bolton away. The pathetic performance last night just puts the tin hat on it. It's not good enough, and anyone who thinks it is is deluding themselves.

Blue Mooner said:

Thats true up to a point, but they at least have something on their CV to show for their times as managers, Hughes really doesn't. So when Hughes has acheived something of note as a manager then you will be right. Sadly I very much doubt it will be with this club and if it isn't I really don't give a fuck if he does or not.

hgblue said:
Brendan110_0 said:

Seriously, who's talking about beating teams 8-0? We're disappointed because we should be beating the likes of Fulham, Burnley and Hull at home, and the likes of Birmingham and Bolton away. The pathetic performance last night just puts the tin hat on it. It's not good enough, and anyone who thinks it is is deluding themselves.

No, the performance after they scored was poor indeed, I'm sure they'll want to prove they're much better than that over the coming festive period, if not then Hughes will be under some intense pressure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.