Why i love Manchester....

14 years old and i have been living in manchester all my life. Not even thinking about leaving manchester when i'm older, stay here for life. I love the fish and chips, pie and chips,going into town. And especially the girls that you see on friday nights. wowwwwwwwwwww.Anyway enough said. Oh and cant wait till i'm old enough to drink. God help me!!!!
and last but not least, i love MANCHESTER CITY. Always will.!!!!!!!!!

Lewis (a true blue and a true manc)

I love Manchester because of:

Manchester City FC
Was well into Manchester Giants as a kid and followed them, even went to Wembley Arena to see them win the title in 1999
The Warehouse Project
Sankeys
The Northern Quarter
The Hacienda
The most brass houses in ratio to population in Britain, if that's your thing, its not mine before you all ask if im suffering with syphilis!
Pirate Radio Stations in the 90's for top house music (now you can get anyting online but when i was a kid stuff like was abit more underground)
Bands: Joy Division / New Order; The Smilths; Oasis; The Courteeners; Twisted Wheel
Great restraunts: Chaopharya; China Town; Curry Mile etc
Buildings: Midland Hotel; Palace Hotel; Central Library; John Rylands Library; Portico Library; Art Gallery; The Town Hall; Manchester Cathedral; Beetham Tower etc
The view of Manchester from the Penines - superb!
Great tele: Early Doors (absolutely immense!); The Royal Family; Cold Feet; Shameless; Burn It; Clocking Off; Ideal (weird at first but watch it and you'll get into it!); Pheonix Nights (Bolton i know but it's full of Mancs!)
The citizens / the people, best people in the country!
Our humour
Our cool-cockyness (not arrogance[unless you're a Rag])
Our down to Earth and realistic oulook on life
Our accent, words and phrases

The Industrial Revolution (warehouses esp.cotton industry)! also the Digital Revolution (Alan Turing made the worlds first computer here)

Manchester la la la, Manchester la la la!

pattym said:
Cant believe two people said the Printworks? Surely it should be in the top 5 worst things about Manchester?

Agree! It is the shittest place in the City!

Jay-Mcfc said:
pattym said:
Cant believe two people said the Printworks? Surely it should be in the top 5 worst things about Manchester?

What's wrong with the printworks?

Shit bars with shit music with shit crowds and birds that arent worth texting back after the first shag!

danburge82 said:
Jay-Mcfc said:
pattym said:

Shit bars with shit music with shit crowds and birds that arent worth texting back after the first shag!

Ok, ok, fair points ;-p. But the Odeon is good! That's all I use it for :-p.

Jay-Mcfc said:
pattym said:

Where to start?? But I think I'll go with it's absolute wank!

1. City
2. Music - both bands and venues
3. History - industrial revolution and some of the things invented here
4. The people
5. Home - best city in the country

Jay-Mcfc wrote:
pattym wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

hahahaha CLASS!!!!

danburge82 said:
I love Manchester because of:

Manchester City FC
Was well into Manchester Giants as a kid and followed them, even went to Wembley Arena to see them win the title in 1999
The Warehouse Project
Sankeys
The Northern Quarter
The Hacienda
The most brass houses in ratio to population in Britain, if that's your thing, its not mine before you all ask if im suffering with syphilis!
Pirate Radio Stations in the 90's for top house music (now you can get anyting online but when i was a kid stuff like was abit more underground)
Bands: Joy Division / New Order; The Smilths; Oasis; The Courteeners; Twisted Wheel
Great restraunts: Chaopharya; China Town; Curry Mile etc
Buildings: Midland Hotel; Palace Hotel; Central Library; John Rylands Library; Portico Library; Art Gallery; The Town Hall; Manchester Cathedral; Beetham Tower etc
The view of Manchester from the Penines - superb!
Great tele: Early Doors (absolutely immense!); The Royal Family; Cold Feet; Shameless; Burn It; Clocking Off; Ideal (weird at first but watch it and you'll get into it!); Pheonix Nights (Bolton i know but it's full of Mancs!)
The citizens / the people, best people in the country!
Our humour
Our cool-cockyness (not arrogance[unless you're a Rag])
Our down to Earth and realistic oulook on life
Our accent, words and phrases

The Industrial Revolution (warehouses esp.cotton industry)! also the Digital Revolution (Alan Turing made the worlds first computer here)

Manchester la la la, Manchester la la la!

Sankeys? I play at Bugged Out, which nights do you go to?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.