Why i love Manchester....

pattym said:
danburge82 said:
I love Manchester because of:

Manchester City FC
Was well into Manchester Giants as a kid and followed them, even went to Wembley Arena to see them win the title in 1999
The Warehouse Project
Sankeys
The Northern Quarter
The Hacienda
The most brass houses in ratio to population in Britain, if that's your thing, its not mine before you all ask if im suffering with syphilis!
Pirate Radio Stations in the 90's for top house music (now you can get anyting online but when i was a kid stuff like was abit more underground)
Bands: Joy Division / New Order; The Smilths; Oasis; The Courteeners; Twisted Wheel
Great restraunts: Chaopharya; China Town; Curry Mile etc
Buildings: Midland Hotel; Palace Hotel; Central Library; John Rylands Library; Portico Library; Art Gallery; The Town Hall; Manchester Cathedral; Beetham Tower etc
The view of Manchester from the Penines - superb!
Great tele: Early Doors (absolutely immense!); The Royal Family; Cold Feet; Shameless; Burn It; Clocking Off; Ideal (weird at first but watch it and you'll get into it!); Pheonix Nights (Bolton i know but it's full of Mancs!)
The citizens / the people, best people in the country!
Our humour
Our cool-cockyness (not arrogance[unless you're a Rag])
Our down to Earth and realistic oulook on life
Our accent, words and phrases

The Industrial Revolution (warehouses esp.cotton industry)! also the Digital Revolution (Alan Turing made the worlds first computer here)

Manchester la la la, Manchester la la la!

Sankeys? I play at Bugged Out, which nights do you go to?

I'm going to see the plumps and the legend that is James Lavelle this weekend!

pattym said:
danburge82 said:
I love Manchester because of:

Manchester City FC
Was well into Manchester Giants as a kid and followed them, even went to Wembley Arena to see them win the title in 1999
The Warehouse Project
Sankeys
The Northern Quarter
The Hacienda
The most brass houses in ratio to population in Britain, if that's your thing, its not mine before you all ask if im suffering with syphilis!
Pirate Radio Stations in the 90's for top house music (now you can get anyting online but when i was a kid stuff like was abit more underground)
Bands: Joy Division / New Order; The Smilths; Oasis; The Courteeners; Twisted Wheel
Great restraunts: Chaopharya; China Town; Curry Mile etc
Buildings: Midland Hotel; Palace Hotel; Central Library; John Rylands Library; Portico Library; Art Gallery; The Town Hall; Manchester Cathedral; Beetham Tower etc
The view of Manchester from the Penines - superb!
Great tele: Early Doors (absolutely immense!); The Royal Family; Cold Feet; Shameless; Burn It; Clocking Off; Ideal (weird at first but watch it and you'll get into it!); Pheonix Nights (Bolton i know but it's full of Mancs!)
The citizens / the people, best people in the country!
Our humour
Our cool-cockyness (not arrogance[unless you're a Rag])
Our down to Earth and realistic oulook on life
Our accent, words and phrases

The Industrial Revolution (warehouses esp.cotton industry)! also the Digital Revolution (Alan Turing made the worlds first computer here)

Manchester la la la, Manchester la la la!

Sankeys? I play at Bugged Out, which nights do you go to?

Do you, thats quality! Not been to a Bugged Out night for a while, used to love watcing Lottie in about 2002, she was a class DJ around that time! I used to go to Sankeys North V etc religiously from about 2000-2006; friday, saturday, friday+sat or fri+sat+sun! loved it - it all wrecked my head though and i felt i needed a break so just go to Sankeys/Warehouse Proj now and again now!

Not been to the Beach at Sankeys yet, looks like good weather to be there at the minute rather than stuck in the office, thank the lord for Air Conditioning though!

First National Health Hospital in the world [Park now trafford gen ]
Christie cancer hospital and Holt Radium Institute [funded by Holts Brewery]
Birth-place of universal suffrage
Withington Girls school ,William Hulme and Manchester grammar school and Manchester Uni
World-leading engineering heritage, AEI, Craven Bros , Bayer- Peacock, A V Roe, Linotype , Ferranti, Mather and Platt ,Churchill Machine Tools. Manchester Liners , Gardner diesels. Mirrlees Marine
Trafford Centre [FREE PARKING
The Manchester Guardian
M.I.A. [ before they out-sourced everything ]
COMS [ Now that M.Rd is no more] and most of the fans .the team does not really mean M/C any more to me .
Anthony H Wilson [ r.i.p] and his music legacy
Its obvious reading the above i'm of coffin-dodging age but it may surprise the youngsters to know that M/C was a centre of world importance with hundreds of thousands employed in manufacturing ,sadly unlike Germany ,France , japan USA Etc woeful mismanagement let it all turn to shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.