Why I'm giving up on football, City and Bluemoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure I’m done with the game now, there’s better things in life that don’t piss me off; holidays, rugby, acting, hiking, all kinds of things that don’t involve such bullshit vitriolic rivalry that football induces.

I’m not prepared to be so angry all the time because of utd, scousers and chavs.
Blood pressure will benefit no doubt. May live longer.

I'm still taking this in it seems they're out to completely destroy us.

I feel the same about Everton tbh. I feel like I don’t recognise my club anymore. Goodison Park is toxic, the Derby is a nightmare, Liverpool are always treated like the heroes even though they’re just as corrupt and moneyed as anyone else and Klopp’s turning into a German Ferguson with his incessant snapping at people just doing their jobs, Richarlison’s gone, relegation is a real possibility and both Lampard and Benitez were shit. And on a personal note, I really don’t like the way some male fans treat women who are involved with football, players or fans.

VAR is supposed to make the game fair. It’s a fucking joke.

So this is my last post. 55 years after my first match seeing City. 10 years a season ticket holder 1985 to 1995 until work and family took me too far away. I was there in 2012 and was there for that Tuart goal. Been to many but not all recent cup finals.
I have been vocal about VAR, CAS and FFP.
So, today I have decided I have fallen out of love with this game, the trolls on this forum and the corruption hiding in plain sight both financial and governance. Refereeing and game manipulation and arguing the toss with morons and hypocrites.
My passion has faded with each passing year of vested interest interference, press compliance and journalistic spite.
And, yes, VAR has killed my excitement. Thank God we didn't have to wait for it in 2012. A moment that will never be repeated again in football history.
In truth, this has been coming for a while. I will sign off and find a new passion. City are not to blame. I watched football for the fun and passion. I now know more about global politics, financial compliance and sports governance than I do about our own under 18s. Something has gone drastically wrong with the game.
Our own forum has also become raggish and dipperish, misogynistic and trolled by posters who don't even support the club... And then the fans who love certain players rather than the club. Yes I'm old and I won't be missed but I already feel better letting go. Good luck fighting the good but ultimately doomed battle.
Thanks City for the best and worst times of my life but life is too short.
I feel the same. But just now, I can't walk away and I'm really sad you've given up on us.

So this is my last post. 55 years after my first match seeing City. 10 years a season ticket holder 1985 to 1995 until work and family took me too far away. I was there in 2012 and was there for that Tuart goal. Been to many but not all recent cup finals.
I have been vocal about VAR, CAS and FFP.
So, today I have decided I have fallen out of love with this game, the trolls on this forum and the corruption hiding in plain sight both financial and governance. Refereeing and game manipulation and arguing the toss with morons and hypocrites.
My passion has faded with each passing year of vested interest interference, press compliance and journalistic spite.
And, yes, VAR has killed my excitement. Thank God we didn't have to wait for it in 2012. A moment that will never be repeated again in football history.
In truth, this has been coming for a while. I will sign off and find a new passion. City are not to blame. I watched football for the fun and passion. I now know more about global politics, financial compliance and sports governance than I do about our own under 18s. Something has gone drastically wrong with the game.
Our own forum has also become raggish and dipperish, misogynistic and trolled by posters who don't even support the club... And then the fans who love certain players rather than the club. Yes I'm old and I won't be missed but I already feel better letting go. Good luck fighting the good but ultimately doomed battle.
Thanks City for the best and worst times of my life but life is too short.
pretty much reflects the same journey and destination for me.

Yes I did the Aguero moment, the 6-1, the 5-1 and many others including Oxford Utd away in the FA cup (5-2 win) in the early 70's and the 0-0 draw in 1997.

I did the '76 and '74 League cup finals, been away to Madrid, Barcelona, Ajax and Lech Poznan amongst others. I have never been a fan of the CL but I had to do those games just to say I was there.

Now CL means fuck all to me and today I feel the same way about the Premiere League. I fear I have seen my last live City game but I will of course maintain something slightly more than a passing interest and probably see the games on foreign TV channels (not SKY) but only when it suits ME!

Cheerio City, I wish you well... but I will always continue to despise that heap of shit from Salford.

CTID. Nothing will ever ever change that.
I think in the coming months/years the club will need us more than ever. Owners, managers and players come and go ,the only constant is us, the fans, our fathers, our grandfathers, our sons and daughters, even our grandkids, Manchester City, wherever they play be it the Champions league or league two or anywhere in between are not for Christmas, they are for life.

I think in the coming months/years the club will need us more than ever. Owners, managers and players come and go ,the only constant is us, the fans, our fathers, our grandfathers, our sons and daughters, even our grandkids, Manchester City, wherever they play be it the Champions league or league two or anywhere in between are not for Christmas, they are for life.

The news just in about Qatar and the rags as well as the govt holding off the white paper screams corruption at the highest levels. We now have foreign entities heavily involved in the running of our national sport and interfering in the political process of it, add to that our own shitty govt and the sport is pretty fucked.

This isn't something that will just blow over, the league has shut up shop what's the point in supporting a sport where the old money just gets to shift the goalposts as and when, add to that the numb feeling that your own club doesn't seem to have an outward fight in them?

Last edited:

The problem is we can turn up, fight, sing, shout as we have always done. I've defended our club, myself and other fans in shiteholes all over the UK, on cold wet miserable nights while the board, players and manager are safely driving past on a luxury coach as we fought for our lives on the pavement. We do/have done our bit and continue to do so but we are powerless with what goes on behind the scenes. We expect the same honesty, integrity and dedication from those people that we give. We put our trust in them, I hope to God they haven't let us and the club down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.