Why is our Gate and Matchday Income half Liverpools?

m7mcfc said:
We live in a council house and have to pay the rent....Seriously though do we only get the revenue from 34,000 and MCC get the rest as this was the average Maine Rd crowd? Please enlighten me anybody in the know as I find this hard to believe.

That's a fair point, don't we now pay a flat fee of £3million to the council per year? Is that taken in to account?

ChesterRdBlue said:
m7mcfc said:
We live in a council house and have to pay the rent....Seriously though do we only get the revenue from 34,000 and MCC get the rest as this was the average Maine Rd crowd? Please enlighten me anybody in the know as I find this hard to believe.

That's a fair point, don't we now pay a flat fee of £3million to the council per year? Is that taken in to account?
Since the change to the flat fee arrangement, it is no longer true.

I had a quick look at City's Annual report for 2011-12.

Iit says
There was a 13% rise in hospitality, catering, conference and events revenue, from
£10.4m to £11.7m, driven primarily by increased demand for
match day hospitality and catering at the Etihad Stadium during
the historic 2011-12 season. And ticketing revenues increased by
11% from £19.7m to £21.9m, driven primarily by record average
attendance in the Barclays Premier League and participation in
the UEFA Champions League.

So the Guardian's figure of Gate and Match-Day for City is correct.

City's match-day prices are higher than Liverpool for League games - I've looked. But their season ticket prices seem to be more expensive than ours. The other factor will probably be Cup games. They got to two Cup Finals last season, and I think they were in the Europa League. TV Income from the Champions League will be recorded under a separate heading before anyone comments about that - we're talking ticketing revenue only.

This season, City sold out all their FA Cup games and did so without any huge discounting which went on in the past so I reckon that the two clubs will now have comparable gate revenues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.