why no fixtures today

have i missed a thread on here, there should have been a full fixture list today and boxing day?
I can't recall there being a full set of fixtures on Xmas Eve for over 50 years. If Xmas Day fell on a Saturday we've had games on the 26th and 28th before but not Xmas Eve.

More to the point, it's about preparation time. If they played a game on Christmas Eve as well as having the Boxing Day fixtures, managers would be staying up until midnight after the first game to work out their strategies for the second game based on their opponents' performance, and then would be calling in their players for a full day of training and tactical preparation on Christmas Day rather than allowing them any time with their families. Good luck making that one stick.

Football on Christmas Eve, no chance how would all us organised blokes get our Christmas shopping done.
Need to be running round some shopping centre, getting to the match as well could be cutting it fine and we need a drink

Easter used to be just as busy, if not busier, when we played on Good Friday Easter Saturday, and then Bank Holiday Monday.
I'm pretty sure this happened as late as 76-77

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.