WHY.........So much negativity!

mancity1 said:
MSP said:
Why would that be anything surprising to you?

Of course forum is more busy when things are not going good, much more things to debate about than after some win, easy one specially.

It's a nature of football fans and you don't make yourself specially fit when you figure that out. It's same on any football forum around the globe.

Doesn't have to be that way its just human nature and the way we have been conditioned to talk about bad things more so than good things.

Most news bulletins which most humans feed on have 6 bad news stories to one good one if that.

On top of that we have far more posters who like to speak of complete and utter doom and gloom after a loss or below par performance and the spiel is nothing but so and so is out , etc etc.

If we have a great effort like today's was you don't hear from them or you hear from them a lot less.

A five four defeat today and the post match total would be well over 400 already as I type this.

Its annoying.<br /><br />-- Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:16 am --<br /><br />
moomba said:
Chippy_boy said:
Having spent a bit of time wading through this thread, it strikes me there's a whole load of fans - pro-Mancini fans - who are hoping things will improve. I guess we are all hoping that it will. But I use the word "hoping" advisedly.

I'm hoping things will improve, and I think there is a very good chance that will happen.

They are "hoping" United will get worse not better. Despite the fact that United are scoring for fun and who's main weakness has been conceding, and now they have Vidic back who will surely improve them defensively.

I'm expecting a drop off in Uniteds results. I don't think they can maintain the pace they're currently on.

They are "hoping" we will suddenly find some width and pace (for where, god knows, especially if we don't sign anyone).

They are "hoping" we can go on a 10 match winning run, when in fact we have failed to win 15 games out of 26 this season and failed to beat anyone of substance and failed to beat Arsenal away god knows how many times in 10 years.

Well, there are two sayings which seem very relevant here. The first is "Hope is not a strategy". The second (from Albert Einstein, no less) is "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

So the question for the hopers, is what are we actually going to change to bring about the miraculous change of results we need? It is surely madness to just carry on as we are and hope it will somehow turn around: It won't.

We need to change things and change them right now, or we can forget success this season. For me, I think we can forget it anyway now. I think we have blown it already - and I am a glass half-full kind of guy. I cannot see us suddenly banging in 3 or 4 goals a game and winning at Arsenal and Everton and doing all the other things we need to do. And neither do I see United dropping the ball. In fact I think they will be stronger 2nd half.

End of the world? Of course not. We live on to fight another season. We have already seen us win the league last year when I was seriously starting to wonder if I would see it in my lifetime. But it is ****ing disappointing if we can't win, or at least get very very close this season.

We're supporters. We don't need to set a strategy, we don't need to decide the tactics, we don't need to find width in the side (no width didn't hurt so much last season). We are only 4 points plus a derby win away from top spot. So I'm not going to get carried away half way through the season.

Eight points behind in April. How did that work out for us, again?

If you have any negative attitude towards man city then you are most welcome to support Chelsea

by the way ,freedom of speech only applies to red nose

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.