Why the hysterics?

Realistically I think we are in a battle for 3rd. We are still capable of winning the league but I just think the Rags are going from strength to strength which pains me to say, the longer they go on without getting beat the more confidence you get. If/When they get beat they may have a blip, especially with some the games they have. So Im clinging to that belief.
Arsenal have the easiest run in of all the teams and are finding form at the right time.
I am trying to focus on Spurs and Chelsea to slip up at the moment. 3rd is what i think is our main target but anything else is a bonus.

colin's bell helmet said:
listen i don't know how long you've been a city fan or a football fan but let me tell you this......we aren't going to win the league this season and the sooner people realise that, and stop almost expecting us to win it rather than hoping we do, the fuckin better as we might see less knee jerk hysterics on this board. we have a new team/squad many of which are having to adapt to a new country/culture/language/league so as it stands the team is doing fantastic to be where we are in the league....said it from day 1 in the season that top4 is what we should be expecting this season and hopefully a cup... anyone expecting the title is going to be disappointed come the end of may.
Spot on mate, we will win more than we lose but we will lose more than you know who, so top 4 is our priority and maybe a cup.

Bazzmand Show said:
We dominated possession
Had plenty of chances
Lost to a cheap gimme goal
Really looked good for 80% of the game.
Still 3rd.

Relax bluemoon ffs, it was just one of those games.

We did dominate possession but it wasn't until the last 20minutes that we started to move the ball quickly. If we'd'v played like that all game the score would have been different. First hour our tempo was too slow and too easy for Villa to get set in defence.

We had a lot of shots but didn't really have plenty of real goal scoring chances. Other than shots from outside the box we only really had that Tevez chance at 0-0 from that corner. We weren't ruthless enough.

A goal is a goal is a goal. Very poor pass from Tevez that sent Kolorov right back to the corner flag and have to start our possession again from the back when we had it on the halfway line that allowed Villa to press high up and force a mistake from Silva who was off balance and Agbonlahor got the ball. Villa did well to capitalise on that.

We played football in exactly the right way but we needed everything we did to be quicker and sharper. As I said for an hour we were too slow.

Third is great and I'm still happy but as nice as the football we played was it needed to be quicker and we needed to be more ruthless.

I agree that nobody should be disappointed though. We're going in the right direction even if we did lose. The biggest thing I got from the game is that we didn't give up trying to equalise at any point.

Gray said:
colin's bell helmet said:
listen i don't know how long you've been a city fan or a football fan but let me tell you this......we aren't going to win the league this season and the sooner people realise that, and stop almost expecting us to win it rather than hoping we do, the fuckin better as we might see less knee jerk hysterics on this board. we have a new team/squad many of which are having to adapt to a new country/culture/language/league so as it stands the team is doing fantastic to be where we are in the league....said it from day 1 in the season that top4 is what we should be expecting this season and hopefully a cup... anyone expecting the title is going to be disappointed come the end of may.
Spot on mate, we will win more than we lose but we will lose more than you know who, so top 4 is our priority and maybe a cup.

Spot on both of you. The good thing is that quite a few people agree also. It is food to go through where we think we can improve though!

yesterday was a carbon copy of sunderland away.

just one of those days

like has been said, the sooner people realise we arent good enough just yet to win the league, and that top4 is our serious aim, the better

danburge82 said:
Gray said:

Spot on both of you. The good thing is that quite a few people agree also. It is food to go through where we think we can improve though!

I disagree. we started the weekend joint top of the league. we have difficulties to sort out
mainly the team being a little un-balanced since the arrival of Dzeko, and adjusting to a diff stlye of play but its a nonsense to suggest that one defeat indicates its the end of our title ambitions. i honestly don,t believeRroberto Mancini thinks that is the case.
Chelsea are some way behind us and still believe they can challenge for the title,spurs still think they have an outside chance of winning. why shouldn,t we? Mancini knows what it takes to win titles-Redknapp doesn,t but he still talks his teams chances up. players like tevez,silva,dzeko,balo,toure,s and kompany are winners..they have proved that ..they will not be giving in any time soon...its not in their nature,which is why they are winners.

peoffrey said:
Some Geordie (obese, ugly, chavvy shirt) in the Pub tried ridiculing me last night but I can honestly say I wasn't upset by what I'd seen. Villa's goal came from the ball falling straight in to Bent's path from the rebound and City hit the post. We dominated and should be flattered that Villa had such kamikaze defending in place due to the expectance of how much we were going to batter them.

No hysterics here.

The biggest 'kamikaze' defending came from Toure , who put the half fit and under alert David Silva under immediate pressure from TWO close-by Villa players with his ridiculous pass ....... Silva was then knocked off the ball , and they broke away to score ..... Toure SHOULD have just hoofed the ball out of defence , you shouldn't play passing games close to your own area ... he was the REAL culprit!

Still i'll forgive em' if they win at Birmingham next week!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.