Why we will win the league!

More than justified imo.Think you’ll find the poster often / almost always disputes we are a good side, and that Pep is a great manager. This was just another example of being wrong.
But you said "Complete and utter nonsense", when in fact most of it was reasonable comment. Never mind, whatever makes you happy.

Theres every chance I'm quite mad, but even in my madness Im not imagining these things.
Here's a couple more.
Why does it take 2 players to take a set piece?
Why do we never leave a player on the half way line when the opposition have a corner?
Sterling would be ideal for this.
My generation always fear the worst.
It's nigh on impossible to change when you've been through the bad times.
I am of a fat, drunken football oaf generation (well that’s what the wife says) so if you’re talking about shitting yourself we’ll fuck it all up unless it’s 4-0 in the last 10......then I’m with you all the way.
This next 5 games (despite all the chase for trebles and quadruples in recent years) really is death or glory in my view and I’m hoping obviously for the glory but fearing the death as most long time City fans are but am comforted that even in death we’re getting second place.
Cheers

Need to create 10 chances, wrong and the stats show the difference between conversion rates for us and liverpool is minimal
I agree a fair few are ignorant of what an achievement it already is(from Pep and the players) to have needed a striker for about 3 years now, to be where we are, with 9 games to go this season. That said, despite what the stats may show, I find it hard to argue that they don't have more clinical strikers. Able to convert not just clear chances but the half chances where City players might not even attempt to take the shot on.

That said. To be reigning champions, 1 point ahead of Liverpool who have about 4, 20+ a seasons goalscorers up top to choose from and their defence is not only back to what it was before the "injury crisis" they hid behind last season but it's even stronger than it was before, with the additions they've made in defence. Yet City are 1 point in front of Liverpool, with the same amount of games to play. Whatever happens from here, nobody can say there is any disgrace in this title defence. If Liverpool do end up pipping City to it, then they'll have had to work for it, right up to the wire.

At the start of this season, many people were saying Liverpool and Chelsea have a better chance because City didn't end up with a striker. So the "they should be winning because money" argument is null and void. They conceded at the start of the season City were up against two very good squads with excellent managers, so the competition is there.

Last edited:
Hmmmm. Nonsense eh?

No striker - Check
Need to create 10 chances to score 1 - Check
Vulnerability to the ball over the top. - Check
Neither left back can defend. -No, Walker can
Rodris lack of pace, to be fair theres a lack of it throughout the team. - Walker aside, Check
Substitutions or lack of. - Often, check

Nearly all of the above are valid mate. If you cannot see that, then I don't know what on earth you watch.
And yet we are top of the league , in the F.A. cup semi-finals and in the quarter finals of the Champs league , and the bookies make us favourites for everything , can only reason that if all of the above is valid , then the Dippers must be really shit.

Allison make basic errors - refer to the 4-1 at Klanfield last season
Trent Darby cannot defend
The Dippers high line has been ruthlessly exposed by teams like Forest & West Ham they just missed their chances
The Dippers midfield has zero creativity hence they play like Wimbledon
Mane & Firmino have been underwhelming all season ask any Dipper.
The Dipper bench is still weak , MIlner , Origi , Keita , Oxlade Chamberpot , Elliot , and a few others would all fail to get near our subs bench.

Which makes both teams pretty shit , but unusually they are both the most feared in europe ,no such thing as the perfect football team , but we are the nearest to it and the Dippers unfortunately are not that far behind.

Thought i would put a bit of balance to the subject.

Also, a lot is being said of the points lead(over Liverpool) City let slip away.

So the gap was 14 points in Jan to Liverpool and now it's 1 point. When told like that, you'd think City dropped a lot more than 7 points in 2 whole months. It's just annoying how people try and sidestep the games in hand Liverpool had. Some of those postponed games, they pushed for also.

They deserve some credit for closing the gap but Liverpool should have been winning those games in hand. If it were City in that position, no credit would be given, in fact there'd be complaints that the postponed games gave City an advantage in some way(always happens). What needs to be said though, is the supposed 14 point collapse, is absolute bullshit.

And yet we are top of the league , in the F.A. cup semi-finals and in the quarter finals of the Champs league , and the bookies make us favourites for everything , can only reason that if all of the above is valid , then the Dippers must be really shit.

Allison make basic errors - refer to the 4-1 at Klanfield last season
Trent Darby cannot defend
The Dippers high line has been ruthlessly exposed by teams like Forest & West Ham they just missed their chances
The Dippers midfield has zero creativity hence they play like Wimbledon
Mane & Firmino have been underwhelming all season ask any Dipper.
The Dipper bench is still weak , MIlner , Origi , Keita , Oxlade Chamberpot , Elliot , and a few others would all fail to get near our subs bench.

Which makes both teams pretty shit , but unusually they are both the most feared in europe ,no such thing as the perfect football team , but we are the nearest to it and the Dippers unfortunately are not that far behind.

Thought i would put a bit of balance to the subject.
You're arguing with the wrong bloke mate. It wasn't my post highlighting some of our teams' weaknesses.

All this famous five media shite referring to their strikers irks me. Salah is absolutely top notch but the rest of em ? Mane is a very good striker but not world class, Jota is not as good as him, Firmino is past his best and Diaz has looked quite fast in about 4 games and all the numpties hail him as a brilliant signing.

Salah walks into any other team in the world, even ours. The rest of em don’t get in our first eleven.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.