why

...and by the club.

The way City themselves have ignored the CENTURIONS achievement is a travesty. There is more Shark Team bollocks to buy or to be seen from the club than any CENTURIONS stuff.

Sky made more of it than the club did!

Completely agree with this.

I went to the homecoming parade and I could see the players had a commemorative shirt on. As they went past I saw they had a 'only one City' shirt on FFS!

Really, we'd just become The Centurions!

Completely agree with this.

I went to the homecoming parade and I could see the players had a commemorative shirt on. As they went past I saw they had a 'only one City' shirt on FFS!

Really, we'd just become The Centurions!
I don’t get the club sometimes me. Like someone else said, it makes you question how many actual City fans we have working for us.

They make more of the Moon (or Blue Moon) than they do of the city of Manchester where we’re from and the history of this city from the Industrial Revolution to our iconic music history is a much better selling point than the bloody Moon and that dreary bloody song about it.
They make more of a cringey gimmick (Shark Team) tweet from a player than they do the fact we became the first ever Centurions in English football history.
They’d rather give tickets to tour companies (that might not and often don’t even sell) than open more up to proper fans to buy.
Constant price hikes, the set-up in the stadium (away fans in the wrong place, Family Stand too big and in the wrong place, vocal stand/block FAR too small and in the wrong place and an afterthought, too many corporate areas, 93:20 block at the wrong end of the stadium...), the ticket site situation, the way they let journalists who slag us off to come back time and again and enjoy our corporate facilities...

ON the pitch the club do next to everything right. The way we sign decent lads who aren’t always in the press and are a certain type of classy player who are a joy to watch. Our style of play. The manager is just amazing. You only have to watch the documentary to see the brilliant team spirit and professionalism within the squad and management team... Off the pitch I don’t really ‘get’ the club and I don’t think they ‘get’ us.

During the Summer I had a look to buy some Centurions memorabilia for me and my Nephew who is a bit unsure who he wants to support (City supporting Mother, my Sister, and her United supporting husband). I thought the Centurions stuff would be perfect as it’s a record breaking thing United [NOBODY HAS!] have never achieved. There was the season review book with the word Centurions in the front, and that was it. NOTHING else!

We can complain about Sky (and the BBC and others) all we like but Sky really did make more of the Centurions thing than the club themselves did. Why?!

gap in the market...get some printed ;)
If I were City, over the Summer (and still now I suppose), I’d have been selling:

White/grey/sky/navy/male/female/junior Centurions t-shirts,
Multiple Centurions mugs/cups/glasses,
Posters/canvases/frames of multiple Centurions images,
Centurions winterwear (hats/scarves),
Mini-frames for your 2017-18 SeasonCard so you can display it at home,
Or framed kit printed with Centurions signed by the players and boss with a little window to put your seasoncard in,
Souvineer Centurions end of season programme/magazine/book,
Centurions shirt printing for discounted prices,
Centurions stitching on the last lot of blast season’s kits like we had with the 2011 FA Cup final win

etc. etc. etc.

We are not just the champions or double winners, we are the only EVER English Centurions!

We’ve had a DVD which is now nowhere to be seen, a book which is now nowhere to be seen and a t-shirt only available in men’s sizes.

I find it very odd!

Last edited by a moderator:
Same marketing dick heads that dreamt up the ticket website, and employ a tit like Ferris, probably have one of the biggest budgets in the league, spent on wank. Can only imagine these cretins are rags, or just plain useless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.