Wigan Athletic vs City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
blink922 said:
neoblue said:
blink922 said:
He hasn't played in four games, yet Mancinis love for Balo is clouding his judgement because he starts one match. Unbelievable.
Maybe he's pulled his finger out in training

hope so mate, we could use a consistent striker at this point!

gio's side step said:
jay_mcfc said:
Speak for yourself. He's played well at West Brom and West Ham the last few away games

He's played well at West Ham? He did nothing other than miss three guilt edge chances. What game were you watching. Jay, this is called blind faith. You are with all the genuine will in the world hoping he will do well.

but being a striker isn't just about scoring goals, right?

The definition of a top striker is certainly to contribute more than Balotelli does when he plays for City. And it is certainly about scoring simple clear cut chances (1st half at west ham from 2 yards out)

nehe11 said:
albindgreat said:
nehe11 said:
Fuck me Mancinis love for Balotelli are clouding his judgement, what has Mario done lately to deserve a start, sorry I can´t see why he should start ahead of Tevez or Dzeko.

I don't understand your logic at all... he hasn't played much at all...
what love did mancini show??... its time for mancini to play him and its time for him to prove that he is a regular starter for any club in the world....
What has he done to deserve a start? He hasen´t scored any goals lately and he has been injured so I don´t see why he´s ahead of Tevez or Dzeko.

Tevez hasn't exactly been scoring goals for fun, and when was the last time Dzeko scored when starting? Might as well throw Balo in after his long rest and see if he can step up.

gio's side step said:
The definition of a top striker is certainly to contribute more than Balotelli does when he plays for City. And it is certainly about scoring simple clear cut chances (1st half at west ham from 2 yards out)

Every single one of our strikers has missed multiple sitters this season, Kun more than anyone. They just need to find some form.

blink922 said:
nehe11 said:
albindgreat said:
I don't understand your logic at all... he hasn't played much at all...
what love did mancini show??... its time for mancini to play him and its time for him to prove that he is a regular starter for any club in the world....
What has he done to deserve a start? He hasen´t scored any goals lately and he has been injured so I don´t see why he´s ahead of Tevez or Dzeko.

Tevez hasn't exactly been scoring goals for fun, and when was the last time Dzeko scored when starting? Might as well throw Balo in after his long rest and see if he can step up.

When was the last time Balotelli scored at all. I would assume it's been longer than Edin has scored from the bench. Same for Tevez, he's done loads more.

SWP's back said:
Rammy Blue said:
Difference between Carlos and Balo is that Mario will start off the left which allows Yaya to start in his advanced role. The formation wouldn't work with Carlos playing wide.
I am hoping he plays central and Kun goes wide.

Can't see it pal.

Bosno said:
blink922 said:
nehe11 said:

When was the last time Balotelli scored at all. I would assume it's been longer than Edin has scored from the bench. Same for Tevez, he's done loads more.
How much game time has he had?<br /><br />-- Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:47 pm --<br /><br />
Rammy Blue said:
SWP's back said:
Rammy Blue said:
Difference between Carlos and Balo is that Mario will start off the left which allows Yaya to start in his advanced role. The formation wouldn't work with Carlos playing wide.

Can't see it pal.
Sportsmans bet?

*spits on hand*

pweyhe said:
Are you joking? He plays in the attacking third and has one of the highest passing percentages in the league. Silva is a creator. He often turns it over, because he is always looking for a killer pass, which is great, but you need someone to balance that.

Nasri is a facilitator. He goes from wing to wing, into the middle, deep and forward, collecting the ball and moving it along. This allows players like Silva, Tevez, and Aguero more space and time to create and score. You should actually watch him and see how often he manages to keep us flowing on the ball. He generally covers more ground than any other player as well.

He's not a disappointment. You just have no understanding of what he does.

Don't bother. Some people just think if a player's name doesn't show up on the score sheet then he's automatically a shit player

Some of you sound like bloody children. Do really expect the same 11 to play every game of the season? Rotation is required with so many games in a short period of time. It's not as if we are playing Jon Macken instead of Tevez.

SWP's back said:
Bosno said:
blink922 said:

How much game time has he had?

-- Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:47 pm --

Rammy Blue said:
SWP's back said:

Can't see it pal.
Sportsmans bet?

*spits on hand*

Haha, aye you're on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.