"Wigan Blues" Flag Taken from Sunderland

Re: Thieving Blues

TheMightyQuinn said:
So there weren't any thieving blues after all?

a) They could have refused it if they were offered it.
b) Why would the Policeman assume that a tied up flag nearby was thiers unless they had said someting.
c) It has been said they asked for it by nearby Blues
D) The flag has not yet been returned.

I admire your faith in human nature and if it is returned I will be the first to sing the praises of these fellow Blues but I'm not covinced.

BLUEMOONBAZ said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
To be fair the guy who has it was given it by a policeman, he's not stolen it.

True m8, hence if they dont return it .. there stealing it
would you hand a flag in if you found it or it was handed to you ?

yes i would guess , lets hope the guys see,s or hears about the op problem and returns it .

good luck m8 hope you get sorted

desperatedon said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
So there weren't any thieving blues after all?

a) They could have refused it if they were offered it.
b) Why would the Policeman assume that a tied up flag nearby was thiers unless they had said someting.
c) It has been said they asked for it by nearby Blues
D) The flag has not yet been returned.

I admire your faith in human nature and if it is returned I will be the first to sing the praises of these fellow Blues but I'm not covinced.

To be fair mate, if I was kicked out of a ground and some cop handed me a flag as I left, unless it was my flag or a mates, I'd dump it due to not wanting to lug it back home with me.

I'd assume a flag cost a tenner, no way 140, so in my ignorance I'd chuck it.

I hope Ric gets his flag back for his lads sake though.

If someone has nicked it then lady karma will sort it out asap.

Putting 2 and 2 together, it sounds like a pisshead with his own flag has been booted out, asked for his flag back, and been given the wrong one. Whether said pisshead has had the brain capacity left after a day on the piss to keep hold of a flag that ain't his is questionable. Hope so, and I hope the OP gets it back, but it would seem that the initial accusations of thievery might be a bit wide of the mark.

citizen tony said:
desperatedon said:
I have received a reply from SAFC. I must say that I am impressed with the speed of their reply as follows:

I was forwarded your e-mail by our enquiry service.

On checking our c.c.t.v. footage we found that your flag had been taken down by a Police officer and given to one of the males who was ejected (we do not know why)

I am also sorry to say we have no record of the names of those ejected, unfortunately.

I do hope you get your flag back in the near future, maybe at your next game.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Kind Regards

Security Supervisor

If the flag was thrust upon them by a Policeman who assumed it was theirs then fair enough (they could have refused it thought) but it has been suggested that they asked for it before they were ejected. The Blue in me would like to think it was the former.

see if they will send picture from cctv of police handing flag over may with assistance of bluemoon be able to id them ?

I work with CCTV everyday and what they will try to say to you is that they cant give you any footage becuase of the data protection act. This isn't true. You can pay them £10 and they have to give you a copy of the cctv footage.

Have you got onto City about this yet and given the seat number of the blue that asked for the flag? Im pretty sure someone in this thread said they were sat next to the male.<br /><br />-- Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:23 pm --<br /><br />
Dubai Blue said:
Putting 2 and 2 together, it sounds like a pisshead with his own flag has been booted out, asked for his flag back, and been given the wrong one. Whether said pisshead has had the brain capacity left after a day on the piss to keep hold of a flag that ain't his is questionable. Hope so, and I hope the OP gets it back, but it would seem that the initial accusations of thievery might be a bit wide of the mark.

If the males are in the group with the guy with the beige hat with a mohican, thats who i believe it is, then i saw them enter the ground and they had no flag and no bags that could have had a flag in it.

Ricster said:
citizen tony said:
see if they will send picture from cctv of police handing flag over may with assistance of bluemoon be able to id them ?

I work with CCTV everyday and what they will try to say to you is that they cant give you any footage becuase of the data protection act. This isn't true. You can pay them £10 and they have to give you a copy of the cctv footage.

Have you got onto City about this yet and given the seat number of the blue that asked for the flag? Im pretty sure someone in this thread said they were sat next to the male.

-- Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:23 pm --

Dubai Blue said:

If the males are in the group with the guy with the beige hat with a mohican, thats who i believe it is, then i saw them enter the ground and they had no flag and no bags that could have had a flag in it.

Cheers, I'll look into it.

desperatedon said:
Ricster said:

Have you got onto City about this yet and given the seat number of the blue that asked for the flag? Im pretty sure someone in this thread said they were sat next to the male.

-- Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:23 pm --

Cheers, I'll look into it.
All I can say is I hope you get it back. It seems inconceivable that a Blue would thieve from a fellow Blue. Especially when it's something that is no use to them whatsoever.

Keep faith though. The vast majority of us are sound.

As I have said early on in this thread the Dickhead lad was sat next to me in the 1st half he was the one who took it down yes the steward did help him to undo some string or whatever it was but the lad actualy took it away with him along with 4 other blues who got ejected.

i believe something will eventually come from this. heres hoping that the guy sees the thread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.