Wigan FA Cup post-match thread

I haven't caught up with the BBC campaign to get Aguero banned but I fear that the problem for Sergio will be that (from video evidence online) he chased after the coward who attacked him and then had to be restrained ie. he didn't just react immediately then allow the scumbag to run away.

Of course, whatever happens about Kun the really serious issue tonight (if you are not the BBC, that is) was Wigan FC's utter failure to take control after their fans' pitch invasion. Commercial considerations will stop the appropriate punishment being meted out ie. Wigan being dismissed from further involvement in the competition, with Southampton receiving a bye into the semi-finals. But if there isn't a severe punishment for Wigan, then the FA becomes even more of a joke than it already is.

Stones needs to get in the fucking gym I have never seen such a big bugger get outmuscled so often

I just wish he'd learn to put a tackle in - like that first half chance wigan had.... sometimes its worth just clobbering the block, even if you give away a free kick.

Stupid mistakes from Delph and Walker cost us today. It wasnt Anthony Taylor's fault (even though the manner in which he gave the red was ridiculous) and it wasn't the team selection either.

My main complaint with the red is that we've seen repeatedly worse tackles than that go unpunished on our players. Referees have to be more consistent on this.
I feel so aggrieved about this. So much inconsistency. How did it change from a yellow to red.

Bet you they get hammered in their next game extreme bitterness it seems can win you games.

Nah, Southampton will bore them to tears, they will get a replay and it will fuck up their promotion push.

Last edited:
I just wish he'd learn to put a tackle in - like that first half chance wigan had.... sometimes its worth just clobbering the block, even if you give away a free kick.

Sometimes you can see they are caught in two minds due to Pep wanting them to play out from the back. I think Walker thought someone was covering and if he let it go we would soon be on the offensive. Pep is on record as saying sometimes we will be caught out but that's how he wants to play it.

Bet you they get hammered in their next game extreme bitterness it seems can win you games.
Does my head in, of course they will lose their next Div one game and will likely get done by Southampton. Teams always play well in their cup final.

Sometimes you can see they are caught in two minds due to Pep wanting them to play out from the back. I think Walker thought someone was covering and if he let it go we would soon be on the offensive. Pep is on record as saying sometimes we will be caught out but that's how he wants to play it.

This may be true but you simply can't make the mistake Walker made. We may get caught out playing aggressively but that's just a player not knowing what's going on around him. I don't think that's due to the system. They could've been on the offensive if he had simply retained possession of the ball. It's inexplicable. And he fell asleep on the Burnley equalizer too. I'm starting to have questions about him.

True - but Stones has a bad habit of backing off time and time and time again - players know they can run at him and not be challenged. Good teams will punish us in big games as a result. Sometimes, just do a Kompany, lump the bugger and wear the consequences.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.