Wigan game VERY close to sell out.

To be fair they do well to get the home crowds they do as as has been mentioned before it is a Rugby league town, having said that i think they brought 600 last year and i don't think they will bring many more, perhaps they should have been given the south stand upper away section and us the lower.

jimharri said:
waspish said:
Sooner Wigan go down and replaced with a football city the better

I sort of understand where you're coming from but, at the same time, that is very harsh on the football club. They did extremely well to get up to the PL in the first place and have over-achieved (?) in staying there in the face of such apathy from the local population. It's hardly the club's fault if the natives can't be bothered to get off their arses and follow the side or instead prefer to follow the local rugby league side.

They did very well with a huge transfer budget? From what I understand, people in Wigan are either Rugby or Football. Never shall the twain meet.<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:27 pm --<br /><br />
philiph20 said:
To be fair they do well to get the home crowds they do as as has been mentioned before it is a Rugby league town, having said that i think they brought 600 last year and i don't think they will bring many more, perhaps they should have been given the south stand upper away section and us the lower.

Incredibly cheap season tickets help.

You have to give Wigan credit they have massively punched above their weight and it wouldn't suprise me if they survive again this year, i just hope people just don't assume that Saturday will be a certain 3 points because it isn't going to be easy...i do hope i am proven completely wrong however and we leather them.

philiph20
Post subject: Re: Wigan game VERY close to sell out.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:28 pm

You have to give Wigan credit they have massively punched above their weight and it wouldn't suprise me if they survive again this year, i just hope people just don't assume that Saturday will be a certain 3 points because it isn't going to be easy...i do hope i am proven completely wrong however and we leather them

They have got a very good manager gets the best out of players and tries to play football

they were unlucky not to get a point last year if i remember right, missed a sitter in injury time!

waspish said:

Why ? The whole point of any league is to do the best they can with what they have otherwise why bother with promotion. Lets get 20 teams who have the highest attendance, then the bottom 3 teams that don't sell out their away allocation are relegated and whilst we are at it, if you don't sell out at home you are also relegated and if you don't sing your relegated and if the pies are crap etc etc.

Wigan won sufficient matches to get promoted so they are here on merit and if you look at it another way, who else gives City 6,000 tickets ?

I like Martinez as a person and a manager, I respect the "odd fashioned" loyalty he showed Whelan and Wigan by not joining Villa. I know they will always struggle in the PL because of their support but I wish them well, (except for Sunday of course!).

Blue Mist said:
waspish said:

Why ? The whole point of any league is to do the best they can with what they have otherwise why bother with promotion. Lets get 20 teams who have the highest attendance, then the bottom 3 teams that don't sell out their away allocation are relegated and whilst we are at it, if you don't sell out at home you are also relegated and if you don't sing your relegated and if the pies are crap etc etc.

Wigan won sufficient matches to get promoted so they are here on merit and if you look at it another way, who else gives City 6,000 tickets ?
Blackburn Rovers?

i kne albert davy said:
Blue Mist said:
waspish said:

Blackburn Rovers?

Over 7,000. Mind you, what do you expect from a town where most are married to their mother :)

i kne albert davy said:
Blue Mist said:
waspish said:

Blackburn Rovers?

Over 7,000. Mind you, what do you expect from a town where most are married to their mother :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.