Wigan v CITY - Official Match Thread.

BlueGun said:
No need for NDJ today...

on the contrary, I think this is the kind of game we have Nige for. Cold, rainy, playing on a rugby pitch, against a normal rugby side. I expect MOTM performance from him today.

Chelsea played the "limp" Mikel when they beat Wigan 6-0.

I am assuming the plan is to go there and dominate possession and the game. To do that, you generally need men in midfield.

i will "moan", because we're playing Wigan away and we're not setting up to attack them.
This system has produced almost 50 shots in 3 games.
Don't need De Jong or Barry, Milner in CM, AJ and Silva on the wings and Santa up top to give us some presence which we've lacked for the past 2 games,
Just because a system works on FM, doesn't mean it will work in real life.
it's Wigan ffs.
Who recently beat Spurs, due to Spurs having plenty of gaps as they were playing a system like the one you suggested.

BlueGun said:
No need for NDJ today...

He gives Yaya and Barry more freedom to attack. With no DJ, then Yaya and Barry get outmanned and we wont have as much possession as we want.

Bluemoon115 said:
i will "moan", because we're playing Wigan away and we're not setting up to attack them.
This system has produced almost 50 shots in 3 games.
Don't need De Jong or Barry, Milner in CM, AJ and Silva on the wings and Santa up top to give us some presence which we've lacked for the past 2 games,
Just because a system works on FM, doesn't mean it will work in real life.
it's Wigan ffs.
Who recently beat Spurs, due to Spurs having plenty of gaps as they were playing a system like the one you suggested.

Quality replies there.

We need men in midfield against these thugs and men that wont take a kicking either and we have 3 of them in Yaya, Barry and De Jong.

You could argue that milner isnt as creative as AJ but we need a work horse to do the tackling and the running and then slip AJ on with 25-30 left and watch him go!

King Geedorah said:
Ntini77 said:
Wigan are playing a quite attacking line up.

Should be interesting.

Unfortunately we don't have a player like Bellamy or SWP to exploit that.

We aren't going there to play on the counter, so have little need for single use players. We now look to just dominate games. To do that you need players who are comfortable with the ball.

Just hope the tactics pay off, given that Blackpool went there and attacked and came away with a 4 - 0 result. This place will go into meltdown if we sit back and try to play it cute, and end up with anything less than a win.

More than enough firepower there. Lets hope today is the day all those near misses start going in a la burnley away last year, where everything went in. Similar conditions as well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.