Wilfried Bony - Loan to Stoke

The style of football they play at Stoke will suit him better I think. Best of luck to him!

Was a terrible signing and was never going to work out, from day 1
Just curious.
Did you share your opinion with the forum from the start?
I don't remember too many objections when we first signed him. He was scoring for fun at Swansea and we had a bunch of crocked or out of sorts strikers.
It turned out a failure but was not so easy to predict as many are saying.

Just curious.
Did you share your opinion with the forum from the start?
I don't remember too many objections when we first signed him. He was scoring for fun at Swansea and we had a bunch of crocked or out of sorts strikers.
It turned out a failure but was not so easy to predict as many are saying.

Yes, I did - I think the term I used was 'carthorse'. Feel free to check my history

Haven't managed to shift a single one of the senior players on a permanent basis this summer.

Almost all of them will be allowed to leave on heavily subsidised loan deals.

Where art thou Txiki thread?

Haven't managed to shift a single one of the senior players on a permanent basis this summer.

Almost all of them will be allowed to leave on heavily subsidised loan deals.

Where art thou Txiki thread?

Are we subsidising Bony's wages? I read a report earlier that said Stoke are paying us £2million, why then would we subsidise? or if we are then why mention to £2million when it can be just factored in to the subsidy?

Hope things work out well for him, just never seemed the right fit for us. Think Stoke will be a good club for him.

On a side note, we haven't really bought in any money this summer in transfer fees, how does this impact us long term? If they are on a loan, does that mean the amortisation still sits on our books for someone like Bony? So we are probably still paying part of his wages and still paying off his transfer fee.

Don't think it really matters to us anymore. We can spend stupid amounts of money each summer from now on. We've got more money coming in from the prem and champions league, so our finances will be better than ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.