Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the Swansea papers it looks like they are using the money to invest in upgrading their stadium and training facilities, with some going to fund possible transfers.

I understand them wanting to get as much money possible to do these things but I don't think they want to drag this saga out too long so they can get to work.

MillionDollarDream said:
Reading the Swansea papers it looks like they are using the money to invest in upgrading their stadium and training facilities, with some going to fund possible transfers.

I understand them wanting to get as much money possible to do these things but I don't think they want to drag this saga out too long so they can get to work.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but I think the longer this drags out the better they stand. I think they're happy to enter into the second half of the season with Gomis and Barrow (newly signed contract, and I have to say he looks like he might be outstanding to me). With only a few days left in a transfer window there's more forgiveness for not reinvesting the money in a knee-jerk signing. Most of their fans are sensible and patient, but a narrow window only helps them hold onto the money they get.

MillionDollarDream said:

I can't imagine a few weeks would make that much difference to them if that's what they're planning on doing with the money. They'd be in more of a rush if they were after replacements, so I can see this dragging on. As he's our only target, we need to sell and he won't pay for either of us again this month, is there a rush?

Losing him will also affect their final league position and, at £250k a place, they may prefer to wait until summer when Chelsea may also get involved, pushing the price up further. Our best hope for a swift conclusion was him making it clear he didn't want to stay, but with him away, even that will be difficult.

MillionDollarDream said:

And what's more, good for them (regarding money toward infrastructure rather than new players)... little more than ten years ago Swans were ducking under wired-fencing to train on fields with cattle on them. I have enormous respect for how they've risen and how they've managed that rise. If they can put the bulk of this money into infrastructure and still compete then hats off to them.

bluesince76 said:
MillionDollarDream said:

I can't imagine a few weeks would make that much difference to them if that's what they're planning on doing with the money. They'd be in more of a rush if they were after replacements, so I can see this dragging on. As he's our only target, we need to sell and he won't pay for either of us again this month, is there a rush?

Losing him will also affect their final league position and, at £250k a place, they may prefer to wait until summer when Chelsea may also get involved, pushing the price up further. Our best hope for a swift conclusion was him making it clear he didn't want to stay, but with him away, even that will be difficult.
You mean with there being no phones or e-mail in Abu Dhabi and Africa?

Well if all that's being posted on here now is true, then this is another transfer that is going tits up.
From our initial interest early January I thought this was a done deal and that our backroom boys had pulled off a coup and got our business completed early in the window. How wrong was that! Do we ever learn?

bulldogblue said:
Well if all that's being posted on here now is true, then this is another transfer that is going tits up.
From our initial interest early January I thought this was a done deal and that our backroom boys had pulled off a coup and got our business completed early in the window. How wrong was that! Do we ever learn?

Eh? I've had a nap...did I miss something?

BooksReject said:
bulldogblue said:

Nothing at all..just a flapper

BooksReject said:
bulldogblue said:

Yeah, beats me... I think this is just a professionally handled negotiation that's going to take a few weeks to hammer out. Player, agent, and both clubs feel like an agreement is near. Phone calls and faxes will be exchanged with neither club feeling panicked. No clue what the catastrophe is.

Tron Coltrane said:
BooksReject said:
bulldogblue said:

Yeah, beats me... I think this is just a professionally handled negotiation that's going to take a few weeks to hammer out. Player, agent, and both clubs feel like an agreement is near. Phone calls and faxes will be exchanged with neither club feeling panicked. No clue what the catastrophe is.

Exactly. Some people should just chill their beans eh ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.