Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
i♥city! said:
Dax777 said:
i♥city! said:
Mandzukic is a very lazy player, like Lewandowski. You have to do all the work for them, we need an attacker who can spin gold out of garbage, someone in the mould of Negredo and I think Bony fits the bill.
You Sir, do not know Mandzukic!

You should visit the Mandzukic thread on Bayern forum :

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bayernforum.com/personnel-f8/mario-mandzukic-t8340-1170.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bayernforum.com/personnel-f8 ... -1170.html</a>

The fans were never impressed with his performance.
Below is the first comment in the thread you sent Mel too. Mandzukic is many things, "lazy" is not one of them. It's like if someone calls Milner or Navas lazy. You can conclude they haven't seen either at all. Coz it's the one thing you couldn't miss if you watched for 10 minutes. Now Bony on the other hand, shows consistent flashes of laziness, not Mandzukic.

I still think he did poorly in his time here. He played for a team breaking scoring records and yet he's scored too little goals. He helped in defence as well, but then his job was to score goals, and while he did that, it wasn't anything fascinating, far from it.

If we're actually in for Bony the price will be about £25m, so we will need to raise about £13m in sales as we have £12m already. I've seen figures of £2.5m for Sinclair and £3m for Guidetti plus i think we sold Rusnak for £400k or so so we'd need to sell Nastasic for at least £7.1m.

callumcity said:
Damanino said:
Doubt he would be registered for our CL squad this season. Even if he would be probably wouldnt get much playing time vs Barca. Probably not even on bench if other strikers are fit.

Also signing him now could be a risk as we get him for 30m this weekend, he gets injured in Africa Cup for 4 months ad first time he plays for us is maybe in May.

I think he is a good striker that could be useful but not a world class one and not a huge improvement on Dzeko or Jovetic if any. Younger, maybe bit stronger than Negredo. Not sure we need to spend around 30m to have 4 strikers again.

Swansea will hold out for as much as they can, no surprise in that, would do the same in their place. If they can keep the interested parties in it still until end of January to maybe get not 25m but 28 thats good for them, Bony is away anyway at the moment. and if he stays he cant be angry because a good performance in the last few months of the season can earn him other more great opportunities in the summer.

I disagree, he's better than Negredo and I think Negredo is better than Jovetic and Dzeko. A lot of people on here underestimating Bony, he's a quality player and exactly what we need.

+1

pavelsrnicek said:
If we're actually in for Bony the price will be about £25m, so we will need to raise about £13m in sales as we have £12m already. I've seen figures of £2.5m for Sinclair and £3m for Guidetti plus i think we sold Rusnak for £400k or so so we'd need to sell Nastasic for at least £7.1m.

Or we could get creative and offer Swansea a loan fee of £5m to take him until the end of the season, with a guarantee that we'll pay the remainder when we're free of ffp restrictions?

I'm just really unenthusiastic about this transfer rumor. Surely Cavani would be a better option?

Manchester33 said:
I'm just really unenthusiastic about this transfer rumor. Surely Cavani would be a better option?
Unproven in the epl and would cost double imo... Plus has not been that impressive at psg and wouldn't settle for a bench player would want to start every game

Manchester33 said:

Cavani is all hype, and is no where worth his price tag.

Manchester33 said:
Cavani would be vastly more expensive, both in transfer fee and wages.
Cavani would need to start every game.
He doesn't suit our style of play. Cavani suits a counter-attacking style (and as the main man), whereas Bony has been playing in a possession based side.
Hasn't been on for for the last year or two, Bony is on fire (top Premier League scorer in 2014 calendar year).
He isn't Premier League proven, unlike Bony who is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.