Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damanino said:
Doubt he would be registered for our CL squad this season. Even if he would be probably wouldnt get much playing time vs Barca. Probably not even on bench if other strikers are fit.

Also signing him now could be a risk as we get him for 30m this weekend, he gets injured in Africa Cup for 4 months ad first time he plays for us is maybe in May.

I think he is a good striker that could be useful but not a world class one and not a huge improvement on Dzeko or Jovetic if any. Younger, maybe bit stronger than Negredo. Not sure we need to spend around 30m to have 4 strikers again.

Swansea will hold out for as much as they can, no surprise in that, would do the same in their place. If they can keep the interested parties in it still until end of January to maybe get not 25m but 28 thats good for them, Bony is away anyway at the moment. and if he stays he cant be angry because a good performance in the last few months of the season can earn him other more great opportunities in the summer.

I disagree, he's better than Negredo and I think Negredo is better than Jovetic and Dzeko. A lot of people on here underestimating Bony, he's a quality player and exactly what we need.

There aren't many world class strikers on the market who will be willing to take up a squad role and they will cost a lot more than £30m.

I don't know why some on here think £25m is expensive for Bony.

£25m for a 20 goal a season proven PL striker is very respectable if you ask me, if you want the next level up i.e. Aguero, Suarez etc.. You need to be looking a paying £40m-£50m+.

I think Bony is the real deal and would flourish in our team, he doesn't have Edin's been there done that t-shirt but I definitely think he has more to his game than Edin does.

Ray78 said:
There aren't many world class strikers on the market who will be willing to take up a squad role and they will cost a lot more than £30m.

I would take Bony in a heartbeat but you and I have very different definitions of world class.

BlueDeadHead said:
Ray78 said:

I would take Bony in a heartbeat but you and I have very different definitions of world class.

It is a mistake on this one. I do rate Bony but not as a world class player. But I what I meant was there aren't many world class available and they will not accept a squad role and will cost a lot more than £30m.

Ray78 said:
BlueDeadHead said:
Ray78 said:

It is a mistake on this one. I do rate Bony but not as a world class player. But I what I meant was there aren't many world class available and they will not accept a squad role and will cost a lot more than £30m.

Ahhh..... gotcha. Then I agree completely!

BlueDeadHead said:
Ray78 said:
BlueDeadHead said:

Ahhh..... gotcha. Then I agree completely!

Fair play I can't blame my glasses this time.

If we can buy him for more or less where we sold Negrodo (~25mil) I'd look at it as a player of similar ability but three years younger. And who presumably wants to be here!

As Jovetic does not really seem -or wants - to be a striker, per se, it would seem to fill a need. Might even help Jovetic find his best role here too. Play him wider or behind the #9, etc.

Aguero and Dzeko are just not enough in this department - plus I do believe there is some value in many fixtures in playing some variant of that horrible two striker system that failed so miserably here in 2013-14.

Rösler von Stretfordbömber said:
If we can buy him for more or less where we sold Negrodo (~25mil) I'd look at it as a player of similar ability but three years younger. And who presumably wants to be here!

As Jovetic does not really seem -or wants - to be a striker, per se, it would seem to fill a need. Might even help Jovetic find his best role here too. Play him wider or behind the #9, etc.

Aguero and Dzeko are just not enough in this department - plus I do believe there is some value in many fixtures in playing some variant of that horrible two striker system that failed so miserably here in 2013-14.

as i see it too.
we are a striker down and bony would fill that gap perfectly. if we are getting 25m for negrado then would be a cheap upgrade.

callumcity said:
Damanino said:
Doubt he would be registered for our CL squad this season. Even if he would be probably wouldnt get much playing time vs Barca. Probably not even on bench if other strikers are fit.

Also signing him now could be a risk as we get him for 30m this weekend, he gets injured in Africa Cup for 4 months ad first time he plays for us is maybe in May.

I think he is a good striker that could be useful but not a world class one and not a huge improvement on Dzeko or Jovetic if any. Younger, maybe bit stronger than Negredo. Not sure we need to spend around 30m to have 4 strikers again.

Swansea will hold out for as much as they can, no surprise in that, would do the same in their place. If they can keep the interested parties in it still until end of January to maybe get not 25m but 28 thats good for them, Bony is away anyway at the moment. and if he stays he cant be angry because a good performance in the last few months of the season can earn him other more great opportunities in the summer.

I disagree, he's better than Negredo and I think Negredo is better than Jovetic and Dzeko. A lot of people on here underestimating Bony, he's a quality player and exactly what we need.
i agree with the above, yet I don't want him. Coz at best, that means we are getting rid of Dzeko and keeping Jovetic
Bad move, Dzeko is the keeper and not Jovetic. Bony also will not get as much space here as he does at Swansea. Teams play us slightly differently. He is also not the most hardworking striker. City fans will hate that. Great composure in front of goal, a handful on corners kicks and a great header of the ball. Like the player, don't like the move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.