Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
@BluePhil8 said:
blue ranger said:
Makes me laugh when I read people saying he isn't good enough. He is a fantastic player with his back to goal and will be an ideal foil for Aguero. It's fair to say Aguero and Dzeko have never struck up a good partnership.

It's almost as if txiki can't win with some people - maybe these were the ones 18 months ago saying we should go balls deep for Soldado and what a success he turned out to be.

So for me £30m (and I doubt it will be that much) will be a fair fee for a proven goal scorer at premier league level.
It's fair to say Begiristain's record in tge market is fair to poor.

Wasted money on Willy who looks worse than Pantilimon. Sagna doesn't look impressive at all. Mangala looks about as intelligent as Boyata. Negredo was amazing so we sell him after a year. Navas hot and cold. Fernandinho good but £34m at 28. Fernando all right.

Look at some of the rubbish he signed at Barcelona as well. Wasted £30m on Chygronschy or whatever that shit centre back was called. Signed loads of nobody's from brazil for like £20million a guy called herreroson or some shit and he never played a single game for them.

Willy is a definitely better back-up who has already pushed Hart to improve (he's been one of our standout performers this year). Sagna is good, not Zabaleta good, but considering that he was free was definitely a good squad addition. Mangala has been somewhat inconsistent, but his athleticism is undeniable and we've seen a lot of his qualities already that will only improve with time. Will be one of the best CBs around in a couple of years. Fernandinho was nothing short of outstanding last year. Fernando has been good as well.

We've also got good prices for Rodwell, Negredo and Richards. As well as shipping out Guidetti somewhere where he can get first-team football.

Txiki has been, by any stretch of the imagination, a big success in the market these past two seasons.

In other news, congratulations to all of us for bickering over whether or not it's worth signing the league's leading scorer from 2014! Regardless of which side you fall on, we've come a long way from hoping Darius Vassell was going to finish when through on goal.

@BluePhil8 said:
Absolute shite.

Txiki Begiristain's transfer policy is woeful. We have a severely restricted budget so why are we using it all on Mangala and Bony. Those are Liverpool and Tottenham level signings. Madrid and Barcelona have no interest in average players like these so why do we.

It's like United have accepted our former policy of signing Di Maria and other great world stars like we did with Agüero and Silva and we have accepted there old one of signing shite like Phil Jones.

People will say we are winning trophies so it obviously works but I am seriously concerned. Looks like we have no long term plan for replacing Toure, shouldn't we be in for Pogba? No rush to address our lack of threat from the wings, Reus would solve this?

£30 million for Bony what a fucking joke.

We're not anywhere close to Madrid and Barcelona. The truly top class players are still reluctant to come here. Look how fast Reus shot us down.

If we had that kind of pulling power, we'd be pursuing those kinds of players. I think Bony will bag plenty of goals for us. Same as he's done everywhere else he's been.

@BluePhil8 said:
£30m is what Costa and Sanchez and Fabregas went for. Mandzucic £23m.

In what world is Bony equal to that calibre of player and how in any way is a 26 year old with no champions league experience worth £30m.

He's a proven goal scorer in the Premier League, that's why he's worth the money.

@BluePhil8 said:
blue ranger said:
Makes me laugh when I read people saying he isn't good enough. He is a fantastic player with his back to goal and will be an ideal foil for Aguero. It's fair to say Aguero and Dzeko have never struck up a good partnership.

It's almost as if txiki can't win with some people - maybe these were the ones 18 months ago saying we should go balls deep for Soldado and what a success he turned out to be.

So for me £30m (and I doubt it will be that much) will be a fair fee for a proven goal scorer at premier league level.
It's fair to say Begiristain's record in tge market is fair to poor.

Wasted money on Willy who looks worse than Pantilimon. Sagna doesn't look impressive at all. Mangala looks about as intelligent as Boyata. Negredo was amazing so we sell him after a year. Navas hot and cold. Fernandinho good but £34m at 28. Fernando all right.

Look at some of the rubbish he signed at Barcelona as well. Wasted £30m on Chygronschy or whatever that shit centre back was called. Signed loads of nobody's from brazil for like £20million a guy called herreroson or some shit and he never played a single game for them.
And the formation i think is his idea...
And we play with a formation that doesn t suit for the CL games.With no side strikers with only one winger...
Tiki taka at the corners of the box to find the striker...that is slow for CL...i can t see us winning it without side striker and a normal formation...

Stretfordian_Blue said:
I know a lot of Swansea fans and a few are saying that they are getting Scott Sinclair in the deal?Bonus!
Sinclair going to Villa for £2.5m according to some papers.

Tron Coltrane said:
In other news, congratulations to all of us for bickering over whether or not it's worth signing the league's leading scorer from 2014! Regardless of which side you fall on, we've come a long way from hoping Darius Vassell was going to finish when through on goal.

Unless we were playing Villa then there was never a doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.