Will any areas of the team need strengthening?

There is a light said:
kiwikiddy said:
Any bad attitudes need to be axed.

We certainly have the characters to test this to the limit. Petrov is rocking the boat already and I don't imagine Robinho, Ade, NDJ, Tevez or Bellamy will be over-enamoured with sitting on the bench.

Petrov and Robinho will be 1st to go from that lot IMO...rightly or wrongly...their work ethic on the pitch and over-inflated egos won't stand the test of time with Hughes.
Robinho stands out from all our world class forwards as the one who isn't suited to certain games (physical teams/away from home etc)...therefore should miss out/warm the bench for a few...he aint gonna accept that when fully fit and with no "more important" internationals on the horizon...

Polari said:
Just to elaborate, the reasons why I see us making very few (if any) signings in January are:

1. You're going to be paying over the odds
2. Even when paying over the odds, some top players simply won't be available
3. Makes more sense to splurge when we know for sure whether or not we'll be playing CL next year

If people are expecting Maicon, Yaya, [insert big name here], I think they're going to be disappointed.

Maicon is coming to the end of his contract and Yaya has not been playing for Barca recently, he has also expresed his desire to play in the same team as his brother in the premier league.

IMO these are very gettable names, i could understand your comment if i/people were saying the likes of Iniesta/Xavi/Messi. I personally feel Maicon and Yaya Toure are very gettable in January

Polari said:
Just to elaborate, the reasons why I see us making very few (if any) signings in January are:

1. You're going to be paying over the odds
2. Even when paying over the odds, some top players simply won't be available
3. Makes more sense to splurge when we know for sure whether or not we'll be playing CL next year

If people are expecting Maicon, Yaya, [insert big name here], I think they're going to be disappointed.
really good point...it's gonna be really top drawer signings or nothing at this point...and they're gonna be real keen if we have a cup run, finish top 4 and are in the chumps league next season. At this point (or even in Jan) there is still a real unknown with out "project" for prospective signings. Champs League 2010 would be a real draw-card to get any real class players we want/need.

In terms of January we will only sign somebody if we pick up multiple long term injuries otherwise i think the squad is done for this season at least, although i wouldn't mind us bringing in some young attacking midifelder to cover for superman. Next summer however, Hughes will have to show his worth and be prepared to replace some of his signings for the first time to better the squad.(I get the impression he wont want to replace any of the big money signings as he seems stubborn like that). Unless we win the prem there is always room for improvement, IF we can get champs league football a whole new pond of fish will become available to us and then nearly everybody becomes replacable.

And for those saying left back is a priority i suggest you watch the Bridge of THIS season not last. Most improved player from last season for me, imo he's been outstanding going forward and pretty solid defensively, i couldn't name a more in form left back in the prem.

There is a light said:
Swales lives said:
a new left back is a must

He has definitely been average but he was getting to grips with his game on Monday night imo. Do you reckon Hughes will be big enough to replace his own signings?

He`s replaced his first signing, Ben haim easily enough.

Swales lives said:
a new left back is a must
Might have agreed with you on this at the end of last season,but think Bridge is starting too look promising and more settled,especially going forward,id give him more time.

kiwikiddy said:

I agree, there will inevitabley be some exits unless we get injuries/suspensions..

Actually, there won't be exits because no twatzoid has any money to buy members of our squad. Maybe Hull will buy Benjani but he's crap and so he doesn't count.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.