Will any areas of the team need strengthening?

I think it depends who becomes available. I don't think we will be actively seeking players.

But if Aguerro came available for Example, it would be silly to say no.

I think we may see the sale of some players. They may be unhappy not to be in the team by January.

Bridge has been good this year and we haven't looked weak from the left, its the right.

I imagine Hughes will enquire about Macion, Sagna etc and take no for an answer. There will be no Lescott sagas this time.

Someone of the class of Maicon would dramatically improve that position and if we are going to go for titles etc then Hughes will have to be ruthless and get rid of those not up to it, even if they are academy products. But there is no point in replacing players who are playing well so it would be thanks but no thanks to Yaya, De Jong has been player of the season for me so far.

johnny crossan said:
Extreme pace is a feature of the Hughes method but two of our quickest are past 30.
The whole right side of the team is also in need of a performance uplift or replacement

I think we have a tendancy to play down the left, with, Bridge, barry cl, bellers, even Ade.

On the right we have Micah, Swp, de jong/ ireland are more central. I have noticed in a few games not a lot happens on the right or when it does it leaves us exposed especially Micah. Or am I reading it all wrong.

rastus said:
johnny crossan said:
Extreme pace is a feature of the Hughes method but two of our quickest are past 30.
The whole right side of the team is also in need of a performance uplift or replacement

I think we have a tendancy to play down the left, with, Bridge, barry cl, bellers, even Ade.

On the right we have Micah, Swp, de jong/ ireland are more central. I have noticed in a few games not a lot happens on the right or when it does it leaves us exposed especially Micah. Or am I reading it all wrong.

Almost everything came from the right against Arsenal. SWP can have a bad game like he did in the first half against Clichy but he will always be dangerous as he proved in the second. Richards definitely leaves us exposed though and although everyone seems to love Zab, he isn't world class, although he is a more lhan useful squad player.

I don't think we will buy anyone or need anyone. There is enough competition for places throughout the squad and because we don't have european football the squad is big enough to cope with the season ahead. We should now be looking to fill any gaps with "homegrown" players so eg if Petrov were to leave could Bellamy take his place and Weiss step up to claim a place on the right, allowing another youngster to be promoted from reserves or academy. During next summer if we have Europe to contend with I suspect we might buy one or two players max, well documented that Yaya Toure wants to play in same side as his brother that could happen. I for one am prepared to wait, let the season unfold and hopefully get some real sucess with the players we have.

Some Rag from British gas come to my house to fix the washer last week, after a bit of banter regarding the derby (he was being very complementary) he told me very confidently that Robbie is off to Barca in January

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.