Will Covid change the world

Blue Maverick

Many people will now start working from home and if it’s proven they can do this successfully then why not continue in the future, I’m not talking whole hearted shut offices but Shirley it could be options for firms. Cuts down on travelling, pollution and traffic.
After the fire service strike in 2002 false alarms dropped dramatically as people became more self aware and dare I say responsible, this then continued after the strike finished as people got into habits.

I think if people were just as productive at home, then more companies would already do it. What company wouldn't want to save on office space? But realistically, how many people working from home even have things like safe office furniture. A couple of weeks working on a laptop on the sofa might not be a problem, but they'd have to pay to kit out everyone's home office if they wanted them to work from home permanently, or risk getting sued for injuries.

Also let's be honest, if you can do it from home then it's not a proper job, is it?

I almost thought there was a 1000 page thread on this virus but I am fucked if I can find it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.