Will Covid change the world

I can’t see how the tourist and travel industry can recover from this. Even if lockdowns are reduced, who’s going to want to go to say Madrid, Italy or any country effected.

I was looking at Barcelona a few months ago, but there’s not a chance I will go to Spain anytime soon. I think lots will think the same.

Lots more people will look at staying in the uk for holidays I think
In a few weeks the idea of Italy or Spain could look like a trip of freedom and virus free cleanliness compared to what we might be facing. It’ll be Great Britain that could take the biggest tourist hit in the world.

I can’t see how the tourist and travel industry can recover from this. Even if lockdowns are reduced, who’s going to want to go to say Madrid, Italy or any country effected.

I was looking at Barcelona a few months ago, but there’s not a chance I will go to Spain anytime soon. I think lots will think the same.

Lots more people will look at staying in the uk for holidays I think

People have short memories and price dictates all.

People would go to Barcelona now if the price was right I have no doubts about this. If it 're opens say August families will still flock there if the price is right

In a few weeks the idea of Italy or Spain could look like a trip of freedom and virus free cleanliness compared to what we might be facing. It’ll be Great Britain that could take the biggest tourist hit in the world.

interesting prediction on a few weeks in terms of appetite for Spain and Italy (or anywhere overseas).

I’m of the opinion that very few will have the appetite to take those risks 1) travel insurance - far too much confusion as to what you or are not covered for. Premiums for fill covid19 cover? 2) it will only take another cluster outbreak for governments to reactivate lockdown procedures/travel movements - confinement to hotel? 3) instability of travel availability assuming you can even fly out and back - this will be locked down again. Does anyone right now fancy skirting in a plane with passengers and stewardesses wearing face masks? Doesn’t seem like a relaxing getaway from it all trip or me.

First passengers to start getting back on board at these more elevated risk levels in my opinion are those with semi essential issues to resolve overseas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.