Will Covid change the world

Won't happen - it will be spun as the fault of the virus rather than under investment in the NHS. I'm actually quite concerned that if this pushes the nhs to/beyond breaking point it will be seized upon as 'proof' that the nhs doesn't work and to usher in the private sector.
Not after the American healthcare system is cruelly exposed, as I fully expect it to be.

hopefully it will change how UK spends wealth - my mrs and friends work for NHS and been on its knees for last 15 years.....social care is a joke and UK thinks private companies will sort frail and vulnerable - but care homes closing - child care is a joke and most expensive in world and as for internet and broadband to help people work at home it is 3rd world......BUT UK like to spend on wars, trident,nuclear weapons, £3.5 Billion on a new aircraft carrier.....the rich and powerful get richer and tax relief to buy super boats......TIME UK WOKE UP AND SPENT OUR TAXES ON THINGS THAT MATTER MOST AND TO IMPROVE OUR OVERALL LIFE QUALITY......SO HOPEFULLY THIS VIRUS WILL BE A WAKE UP CALL....BUT I DOUBT IT....

Everyone wants more investment into health, child care, public services, armed forces, emergency services etc until they realise it would mean raising taxes. Then you find out they only want those things as long as they don't have to pay extra towards it themselves.

I predict that companies will realise that having global supply chains makes them vulnerable. They might prefer to manufacture closer to home.
I know this to be correct. Several of my company's customers are already looking at moving more production away from China and back to Europe. BIg global companies.

hopefully it will change how UK spends wealth - my mrs and friends work for NHS and been on its knees for last 15 years.....social care is a joke and UK thinks private companies will sort frail and vulnerable - but care homes closing - child care is a joke and most expensive in world and as for internet and broadband to help people work at home it is 3rd world......BUT UK like to spend on wars, trident,nuclear weapons, £3.5 Billion on a new aircraft carrier.....the rich and powerful get richer and tax relief to buy super boats......TIME UK WOKE UP AND SPENT OUR TAXES ON THINGS THAT MATTER MOST AND TO IMPROVE OUR OVERALL LIFE QUALITY......SO HOPEFULLY THIS VIRUS WILL BE A WAKE UP CALL....BUT I DOUBT IT....

Agreed, as someone who works in NHS myself, mate.

There's a few of us on the board that have thought like this, but got shouted down cos 'Get Brexit Done' was the mantra of the day, not caring about the bigger, more important picture.

Well, how do the 'winners' feel? BloJo giving shit advice after shit advice!

And this will only be reflected again, when it comes to climate issues.

Silly, aren't we...?

Agreed, as someone who works in NHS myself, mate.

There's a few of us on the board that have thought like this, but got shouted down cos 'Get Brexit Done' was the mantra of the day, not caring about the bigger, more important picture.

Well, how do the 'winners' feel? BloJo giving shit advice after shit advice!

And this will only be reflected again, when it comes to climate issues.

Silly, aren't we...?

That’s all well and good until you read the budget set out last week, that sets out the biggest spending increase in the history of NHS.

If you’re going to politicise a global pandemic like this, you’re best not doing so ignoring the facts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.