Will Edin Dzeko flop? Why or why not?

Jumanji

Regarding Dzeko, it seems like there are two schools of thought. One group thinks he's shite, the other thinks come next year hell be banging them in.

I'm not sure as to where I fall though. Dzeko seems to always get pushed around and beat out in the air. Also, people say he doesn't get service, but when the ball is actually passed to him, he often loses it?

So tell me, what makes you think hell repeat what he had at Wolfsburg here at City?

And for those of you that think Dzeko will be a flop like Samaras, what are your reasons for believing so?

I'm really curious because I don't know what to make of this lad. The fact that he wasn't played at Liverpool says it all to me really. Maybe even our manager has lost faith in him? I wonder how he performs in training..

What a ridiculous thread. Samaras had 65 apps for City spanning 3 seasons? How many does Dzeko have? Even Mancini says that the kind of game that we play currently does not allow Dzeko to shine, and some things will have to be changed by next season.

It's funny that Dzeko is highly touted by managers and players alike, has a proven history in the CL and the international scene, yet the only people that think he's a twat are those that should be on his side. Unbelievable.

The sad part is that this short of childish, I WANT MY BINKY AND I WANT IT NOW, behavior by some City fans will only serve to alienate players.

First things first.
I've followed him for the last three years. He is absolute class, has it all to be and is really one of the best centre-forwards in Europe, full stop.
Having said that, he seems to have come to City just as his form was slipping for the first time in three years, and coupling that with his new environment, team mates, playing style, system and league - makes the transition that much more difficult.

Whether he will succeed at City is another matter and many variables come into play: time, service, chemistry with the players, faith of the manager, will he be able to fit into a given system. We'll see. I am convinced he has the goods to do it - but other things will have to fall into place too.

I hope he doesn't flop. I hope he rips shit up on the pitch but my opinion of him is he's nothing more than a good player at best.

JBG said:
What a ridiculous thread. Samaras had 65 apps for City spanning 3 seasons? How many does Dzeko have? Even Mancini says that the kind of game that we play currently does not allow Dzeko to shine, and some things will have to be changed by next season.

It's funny that Dzeko is highly touted by managers and players alike, has a proven history in the CL and the international scene, yet the only people that think he's a twat are those that should be on his side. Unbelievable.

The sad part is that this short of childish, I WANT MY BINKY AND I WANT IT NOW, behavior by some City fans will only serve to alienate players.

Ridiculous? I was asking for simple opinions. I didn't even take sides. I am neutral regarding Dzeko, sir.

I wasn't even comparing him to Samaras in that regard. Just asking will he join the list to add to our bad luck from front men.

Its never ceases to amaze me the hostility on these forums.

If you don't like the thread, don't come on here trolling.<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:52 pm --<br /><br />
byronic said:
First things first.
I've followed him for the last three years. He is absolute class, has it all to be and is really one of the best centre-forwards in Europe, full stop.
Having said that, he seems to have come to City just as his form was slipping for the first time in three years, and coupling that with his new environment, team mates, playing style, system and league - makes the transition that much more difficult.

Whether he will succeed at City is another matter and many variables come into play: time, service, chemistry with the players, faith of the manager, will he be able to fit into a given system. We'll see. I am convinced he has the goods to do it - but other things will have to fall into place too.
This is the kind of answer I wanted to hear. Good post mate!

Anyone else think Dzeko's confidence is low or maybe he's not happy at City currently?

This time next year Edin will be top goalscorer in the premier league. He just needs time to settle in that is all he needs

jjeangi said:
Regarding Dzeko, it seems like there are two schools of thought. One group thinks he's shite, the other thinks come next year hell be banging them in.

I'm not sure as to where I fall though. Dzeko seems to always get pushed around and beat out in the air. Also, people say he doesn't get service, but when the ball is actually passed to him, he often loses it?

So tell me, what makes you think hell repeat what he had at Wolfsburg here at City?

And for those of you that think Dzeko will be a flop like Samaras, what are your reasons for believing so?

I'm really curious because I don't know what to make of this lad. The fact that he wasn't played at Liverpool says it all to me really. Maybe even our manager has lost faith in him? I wonder how he performs in training..

i think you have to add a third group :

"ATM we cant know if and how he'll come good"

i'm in the trhird group.

Mancio said:
jjeangi said:

i think you have to add a third group :

"ATM we cant know if and how he'll come good"

i'm in the trhird group.
Haha nice. You're killing me here Mancio lol.

Depends on the team next season and how we set it up.

With our current team and way of playing, Dzeko is useless.

There is no guarantie bout anything, but there are some indicators which showed Dzeko can do good. Take the first Game vs Wolves or the Home game against Aris.

For me, Mancini didnt done the Job with him good, he used him agaist Villa and in some Away games where he didnt find into the game. He didnt give him the Chance at some other Moments, like at the 5-0 win against Sunderland where Dzeko has builded his Confience scoring for the national Squad.

It will depends on many things, Edin needs to have a clear "good-willing" Team behind him, which aint present at this moment.

I also belive the tactics are blocking him, he would play better if Barry and Milner where in the starting Team, they can Cross and can find a Player with an opening Ball. Even AJ could be a Problem for Edin, he doesnt uses he right Feet at all, so he always stops while Edin is in the Action. His Cover have time to sort them.

Top or Flop, not sure but it doesnt look good at this Moment, even Edin didnt played that bad like everyone is trying to bash him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.