Will Edin Dzeko flop? Why or why not?

He just needs time to settle and he will rightly be given time imo. Mancini has also mentioned recently adapting the style of play to suit him better.

One thing that will serve him well is his attitude, he always comes across positively in interviews and I noticed he was straight into the melee after the game on Saturday telling the rag twats to do one.

Class player, still finding his feet in a new team. He's far more likely to become great more quickly with more positive support and encouragement of the fans who are supposed to be on his side.

Blue Haze said:
His awful touch tells me all I need to know. Didn't have that at Wolfsburg.

It's confidence and a dip in form. He didn't go from 30 goals to donkey overnight.

I'll wait at least a year before doubting him. Andy Carroll went from one Prem club to another and has a hard time scoring goals, imagine switching leagues in the middle of a form dip.

I don't know where this belief that he needs crosses comes from. He scores far more goals with good footwork and accurate shooting than with his head.

someone with a correct analysis...

here's a video to prove your point, mostly goals from this season, but for all those saying he needs crosses and stuff, pay attention to second and the last goal in this video...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhCQ7D0Ttlc[/youtube]

come on all players need time to settle inn give him time
and i am sure next season with pre season under his
belt he will come good

Its hard to tell at the moment, how ever, I hope he makes because he's a gentleman and a pro. He will be a good ambassador for the club and a fine example to the youth players.

JBG said:
What a ridiculous thread. Samaras had 65 apps for City spanning 3 seasons? How many does Dzeko have? Even Mancini says that the kind of game that we play currently does not allow Dzeko to shine, and some things will have to be changed by next season.

It's funny that Dzeko is highly touted by managers and players alike, has a proven history in the CL and the international scene, yet the only people that think he's a twat are those that should be on his side. Unbelievable.

The sad part is that this short of childish, I WANT MY BINKY AND I WANT IT NOW, behavior by some City fans will only serve to alienate players.
If you'd just read the OP rather than spout off. You'd notice the OP was seeking opinions on the issue. Not claiming one thing or the other. There is nothing ridiculous about asking if a signing will become a flop!<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:10 pm --<br /><br />
byronic said:
There's a slight misconception that Dzeko is all about crosses. No, that's maybe a third of his goals. He likes to play off second striker and a trequartista. Quicker passing, throughballs, continental kind of thing. For me, watching City in the PL since January was by and large shocking, in terms of the amount of creativity/chances. This needs to improve. Balotelli and Tevez have barely scored since January too.
This is the correct analysis^^^

Few things IMO:

1) He's NOT PLAYING so you can't really evaluate shit at this point :-) Even when he plays, it's with a second team or some weird combination such as one at Liverpool.

2) I don't think when he played (sparingly to say the least) he played as bad as some are portraying. He did ok.

3) Crosses are overrated here - balkanno made the correct assessment. Dzeko is not a player for slow build-up type of play. Full stop.

4) He will be successful in this league. Whether he will be successful with City - we will see next year. One thing I know is you dont keep that kind of player on the bench for too long. You cant. So I see either: a) him and Balo playing together a lot next year, or b) Dzeko going to a different Prem team (loan or buy).

5) To question his skill is idiotic to me. I question his confidence (first and foremost), form, and state of mind in terms of his position on the team - but please give up the 'he sucks' talk. You don't score for fun three years in a row if you suck.

jjeangi said:
The fact that he wasn't played at Liverpool

He wasn't??

But since he got here he's looked no better than Santa Cruz, Benjani, Samaras etc. to me but I never saw him play before he joined so hopefully his best form is a lot better than what we've seen so far. I'm not too optimistic about him being a big success though, doesn't seem to have a lot to his game to be honest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.