Will Elano start on wed

Johnno's Beer Gut

I thought he had an excellent game against Wigan, the best we have seen from him for a while.

Should he start on wednesday?

Despite superman being back, I still think Elano deserves to be in the team after last week.

The midfield might look a bit lightweight but it could always be changed if things are not going too well. Possibly have the team set up like this. Ireland has got terrific workrate this season so could maybe play the deeper role where elano has been playing mostly this season. Like I said, it looks a bit lightweight so might need a few alterations

---------HART------------
ZAB---KOMPANY-NEDUM-BRIDGE
--------DE JONG-----------
SWP--ELANO---IRELAND---ROB
--------BELLAMY---------

Though he was good against Wigan but Ireland is back in contention after his suspension and he's been great this season so will most likely play instead.

I don't think he'll start now Superman is back. I expect de Jong and Zab to play behind Steveie. Elano played a couple of great through balls to Robbie against Wigan and reminded some of us of what he's capable of. I juts hope he keeps working hard and knuckles down if he doesn't get selected

I think richards will stay RB and zabaleta in midfield with de Jong - both had great games against wigan. The Elano/ireland decision is a big one for hughes.
Elano was arguably MOM against wigan so i would like to see him keep his place but ireland coming back does give hughes a headache. I think elano should start but the problem hughes has is that elano is always liable to be a world beater one week and have a nightmare the next game - not sure hughes really trusts him to be consistent like he does with ireland.
I actually don't know what hughes will do.

I asked him when I bumped into him on Saturday and he said he would be, though he could have just given me the easy answer!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.