Will Hamburg Freeze?

It's typical city lads.
My theory is simple, if Fulham can score 3 at Eastlands, then we can score 2.
Forever City Optimus.

Kenney_The_Blue said:
we cant go flat!

even if we go 1 behind!

We need 2 keep them going!

They went 1 behind and look what happened.

BELIEVE

spot on.

whatever people's feelings are towards the manager etc don't matter for this one. we need to get behind the team for the duration of the match.

WE are City, WE are City, super City, from Maine Road, WE are City, super City, WE are City, from Maine Road...

jrb said:
The Atmosphere at the Hamburg Arena was excellent, but I don't think it will compare to COMS. The atmosphere at COMS hasn't been that good at times this season, but when push comes to shove and we get going, you don't get much better in England.

I honestly think the Hamburg players could freeze on the night if we keep the noise up and if the team gets an early goal. Concede an early goal and we might as well start tossing pancakes. It's going to be flat.

I think the atmosphere will be great, but with the all seating stadium we are expecting a lot to be able to match the likes of Galatasary or even some of the top German teams.

ginola999 said:
kronkonite said:
get physical no tipppy tappy shit now ,in hard and fast and often

HSV will have Jarolim and Alex Silva in CM so will be very physical themselves. Jarolim makes the likes of Palcios and Scott Parker seem like they don't like a tackle. And Jol described Alex Silva as an "animal" last week. They will be all over the place trying to make sure City don't get into some sort of rythem. I think the British media and last weeks performance have given City fan a bit of a false impression of HSV. Because Jol's Spurs side were so attacking and attractive to watch the British media have just assumed the same is true of Hamburg. But in reallity thye've been incredibly scrappy all season and have got wo where they are by fighting for everything and showing real determination. Thye've improved the quality f their play in recent weeks, but they still aren't pretty to watch. Other the Trachowski, Petric and Guerro they don't really have the players to play good football. Though now they are playing Pertroipa more they do have more flair. But in general their style is more defined by the harder working though less technically gifted players such as Jarolim and Ollic.

Sorry to say but they all looked soft to me the amount of times they fell over from the slightest touch was shocking, it was like watching the flipping Olympic diving!!!

Manchester_City_Blue said:
ginola999 said:
kronkonite said:
get physical no tipppy tappy shit now ,in hard and fast and often

HSV will have Jarolim and Alex Silva in CM so will be very physical themselves. Jarolim makes the likes of Palcios and Scott Parker seem like they don't like a tackle. And Jol described Alex Silva as an "animal" last week. They will be all over the place trying to make sure City don't get into some sort of rythem. I think the British media and last weeks performance have given City fan a bit of a false impression of HSV. Because Jol's Spurs side were so attacking and attractive to watch the British media have just assumed the same is true of Hamburg. But in reallity thye've been incredibly scrappy all season and have got wo where they are by fighting for everything and showing real determination. Thye've improved the quality f their play in recent weeks, but they still aren't pretty to watch. Other the Trachowski, Petric and Guerro they don't really have the players to play good football. Though now they are playing Pertroipa more they do have more flair. But in general their style is more defined by the harder working though less technically gifted players such as Jarolim and Ollic.

Sorry to say but they all looked soft to me the amount of times they fell over from the slightest touch was shocking, it was like watching the flipping Olympic diving!!!

But that is to win FK's, it doen't mean they can't scrap when the other team have the ball. Jarolim, for example, is known throughout the Bundesliga for falling over at the slightest touch, but on the other hand he's alos one of the best tacklers in Europe. Hamburg wont come expecting to dominate possession. They don't have passing players in the middle of the park who can control games. Of the top teams inGemrany HSV's possession stats are by far the lowest. They get results by breaking up the rythem of the opposition and making the most of the ball when they have it. On thursday it's City who need to dictate the play and it will be Hamburg trying to rough you up, not the other way round. I suspect Jarolim in particular will drive you guys mad. he'll play for a free kick at every opportunity on the ball and when you have possession he'll tackle like a mad man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.